Topic: Repetier Host print quality

Finally managed to get my DaVinci to print via Repetier Host from my MacBook.  Calibration issues with the bed are still perplexing me but even so I managed a print last night.  Seemed really fast and layers are not bonding to each other.  Thoughts on where to start tweaking much appreciated.  Where to go to slow it down?  Good starting points for all settings appreciated too.  I have a couple sample eeprom files to dig through so maybe that will help.
Hope to get back to at least as good a quality as it was OEM, which was pretty good I thought (not knowing any better), at least now I can use whatever software I want and filament!

Re: Repetier Host print quality

Poked around in settings, found filament set to 4mm!  set to 1.75 and I think that was it, print looks good (still on bed cooling)

3 (edited by jvandyke 2014-06-06 14:18:25)

closer inpsection, still some layers not bonding, more heat? (set at 220 now)
increase flow rate?

Set the later height in the slicer config to .2 ... That did it for me

Layer * let me know how that works

the layers don't seem to touch each other like they should the sides don't touch

Is your bed height calibrated right?

First thing to do is set the auto bed leveling to 0 in the config eeprom.
Then it may also help to raise the extruder temp.

I have been printing for 2.5 days straight with almost no breaks for my last project and have 0 issues with layer adhesion, and these parts have to be of the utmost strength.

9 (edited by jvandyke 2014-06-07 21:20:40)

I haven't even tried to use the auto bed leveling from Repetier.
I set the eeprom to -8.00 and that is a good level BUT as soon a print job starts it drops to 5, way below the nozzle so I had to had a Zoffset in slic3R, -8.00 again to put the bed back up.  I don't know why it lowers right before it prints.  I swear it ignores the eeprom because I have also reset the X home position there and it ignores me, but the Z setting does change.
I have the offsets like that, manually adjusted the bed with the screw adjusters and paper as gauges.
I did a huge file last night and it came out pretty good but it would be nice to set things correctly if possible.  I've got something set up stupidly somewhere.

So if I pause the print, then try to resume, the bed drops 5 steps.  I wonder what is telling it to do this.

If you are using the custom firmware, there was a post in the voltivo forum about the z-axis steps/mm being off.  It is set to 2600, but calculations have it being smaller.  You can set it in the eeprom settings for RH for now (I think the setting is 2560).  I haven't tried it yet, but I could see how the layers would start coming apart - especially as the print got taller.

Thanks, missed that post.  That Voltivo forum is hard to navigate for some reason.

Can anyone clarify this stepper issue?  I've been intending to switch firmwares for a week, but my work schedule has prevented me from doing so.

14 (edited by jvandyke 2014-06-12 14:34:11)

I changed the setting in the eeprom last night (to 2560) and did a little print, couldn't really tell much difference.
http://voltivo.com/forum/davinci-firmwa … alibration
using Repetier Host and the repeater firmware you can edit the eeprom easy enough, I love all the controls after jailbreaking this thing, what I love most is I'm still printing with the supposedly "empty" cartridge from XYZ, you know it's one thing to have a proprietary component business model like that but it's down right deception and theft to have the cartridge kill your projects and tell you it's empty when it's FAR from empty, assuming they know how to calibrate their own stuff, they should be ashamed of themselves.

The ONLY thing that makes me hesitant.....is that XYZware is pretty user friendly.  There's a couple things I print that actually print better with XYZware and I can't figure out what settings I'm missing in Slicer.

agreed, I almost did the cartridge resetter instead of full jail break,