1 (edited by driggers 2014-05-31 21:39:32)

Topic: Firmware upload error ATMEGA644P

I am getting the errors,

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x15
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

when trying to upload lawsy's version of Marlin.  Here is what I did:

Following instructions from http://www.soliwiki.com/Updating_Solidoodle_Firmware, on Windows XP, I installed arduino 0022, and the FT232R USB UART driver (wasn't sure if I had it).  Then I put the Sanguino folder into hardware, selected the board as written on my SD2's chip, ATMEGA644P, and the only com port available (COM6).  I opened lawsy's marlin.pde and it compiled without errors.  Tried various combinations of pressing reset before upload and when it displays binary sketch file size, to no avail.  I first tried it with the printer plugged into the wall, and then without.  I don't know which way is correct.

Am I missing anything?

edit:  I found more recent instructions for using Arduino 1.0.5 at
Now it says "Done uploading", and I get the output
Binary sketch size: 59,002 bytes (of a 63,488 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x89

Is this ok?  will try printer now.

SD2 Sanguinololu 1.3a atmega1284p, wood platform, lawsy's carriages, braided fishing line, pallet wood overhead spool mount, carboard/magnet enclosure, glass bed, E3D v6, bed levelling knobs, extended z-stop, 25A DC-DC SSR for bed heater, everything fixed to the SD2 frame, marlin firmware with some adjustments and extra failsafes enabled.  I'll never give up on you, little printer that could(n't)!