Topic: Other Printer software

Gang,

Anyone know of a good simple app I use to resize and flip .stl files that will print to the Davinci printer? the app that comes with the printer is to limited but I don't need anything to fancy..

Re: Other Printer software

Netfabb will do that.  Just use the PC version.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

3 (edited by tbates03 2014-05-29 03:01:50)

I just tried NetFabb it doesn't see serial printers.. lol and its $300, the basic doesn't save to .stl files..

the picture I just attached is what I'm trying to print, and when I do I only get the green side.. I'm pretty new at this so any help is appreciated..

Post's attachments

legs.jpg
legs.jpg 187.04 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-05-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

4 (edited by tryersol 2014-05-29 14:26:08)

try RepligatorG: replicat . org / download (remove spaces)

It will rotate, scale, move your model, and after doing that it will place it flat on the bed. (In some cases in can't do it automatically, but will get pretty close)

edit: If you need to chop a large model into multiple pieces, you could also try the latest version of Slic3r: slic3r . org / download

edit2: Just curious: what are you trying to print?

if it isn't broken, you haven't modded it enough

the attached pic in my last post is what I'm trying to print.  when i try to print the dark color in the picture doesn't print just the green.

smile I saw your pic.
I assumed that being called "legs" it was part of a bigger model, like a killer robot or something

Download the slic3r app I linked to.

Run it, and under file menu, select "Repair STL". Point it to your stl, and let it do it's job.

After you try, report back here to say if it worked or not.

Cheers

if it isn't broken, you haven't modded it enough

Lol, sorry your right its a hexapod robotic spider.. based on Arduino, but I'm modifying it to work with Pixy cam for visual identification

it worked on 75% one piece was still black. but I can deal without.. thats for the tip.. is their a firmware to use with slicr without moding my firmware on my printer?

Netfabb will save STLs, you have to go to Export Part to do it.  It won't control the printer unless you pay, but you can still set up STLs.  You can also plenty of scaling and positioning with Repetier, better than Replicator G.  It will probably control the printer as well, but I don't know enough about the DaVinci to say for sure.

IanJohnson wrote:

It will probably control the printer as well, but I don't know enough about the DaVinci to say for sure.

It does if you reflash the firmware. big_smile