Topic: Repetier Crashing

I decided to try and move my slic3r config files to Dropbox so I would be able to keep them synced across a couple of computers. One is used to create files and check the .stls and the other actually runs the printer and they are in different rooms.

When I changed the file locations using the browse function in the Slic3r setup menu it did not seem to pick up the new location. I thought maybe this was due to part of the path having a space in the name so I tried the Windows trick of putting quotation marks around that part of the path. Repetier gave me an "incorrect characters in path" error and I had to close it. Now whenever I try to open it back up to fix the path it refuses to open.

Does anyone know which file the Slic3r config path is stored in? I tried looking in %appdir%/roaming/slic3r, %appdir%/local/repetier host, and the program directories but I don't see a file that contains the config path.

I also tried installing the new Repetier Host but it seems to be using the old config file because it crashes also.

Re: Repetier Crashing

SOLVED --  it turns out the Slic3r config directory is in a registry entry, not another file. I located the entry and deleted it and Repetier is working again. Unfortunately I still can't get Slic3r to pull its config files from a directory other than the default. The Slic3r tab just shows blanks for the drop down box that normal show your available configs.

Re: Repetier Crashing

I found that after you import a config, you need to click on the little disk icon next to the config selector dropdown.
You will get a "Save As" dialog where you can enter a name.  Just enter a new name.  If you specify "default" it will create a new default entry.

To delete a configuration (say, if you messed it up somehow), click on the little minus icon next to the disk.