Topic: question about monting

Hello, everybody
I'm building my brand new filastruder and i 'm wondering if i 've done something wrong. Is it normal to have a space of 7mm (0,27 '') between the white nylon bushing and the back flange .In this case the thrust bearing is useless.I 've put 95mm from collar to end of feed screw, I've about 1/4 '' of the feed screw out of the barrel and between 2 and 3 mm gap between the the end of the feed screw and the edge of the socket.
What i've done wrong ?
What is the normal space between 2 wood blocks?

thanks for the answers

best regards
imkael

Re: question about monting

This is why the instructions state:

Slide the auger so that the thrust bearing is compressed during the future assembly steps. Pressurized plastic will handle the compression in operation.

The auger is only subjected to loads in one direction during use, so it only needs one thrust bearing.The 7mm gap should be closed by sliding the auger backwards, away from the heater, compressing the thrust bearing. If your 1/4" measurement was performed with the thrust bearing not compressed, then simply move the shaft collar to 88-90mm. This variation has to do with how much people tighten the barrel on the flange, something I cannot account for.

Sometimes I wonder if people read the instructions at all. sad

Hello Elmoret,

first of all thank you for the quick reply

It's when i read the part  of the instructions you mention then i suspected i've missed something. I'm french, i have just a scollar english so  i use  translators and haven't all the subtleties. thanks again for answers even if they seem obvious to you. I'm going back to the construction and hope i haven't other boring questions to submit to you

best regards

imkael

imkael wrote:

Hello Elmoret,

first of all thank you for the quick reply

It's when i read the part  of the instructions you mention then i suspected i've missed something. I'm french, i have just a scollar english so  i use  translators and haven't all the subtleties. thanks again for answers even if they seem obvious to you. I'm going back to the construction and hope i haven't other boring questions to submit to you

best regards

imkael

i printed this out for 1.4, you might want to do the same for your version it will help with the vertical alignment.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298429