Topic: Maxtemp triggered as soon as setpoint is reacehd

Any idea what the cause of this could be? My setpoint isn't even that high (210C).

Re: Maxtemp triggered as soon as setpoint is reacehd

Can you post a screenshot of the temp graph in RH? You probably need to do a PID calibration for the hotend.

http://www.soliwiki.com/PID_tuning

Agree with ronsii here.

When you set your original Hotend (solidoodle OEM) to 210, even if your PID are very good, it will always go slightly over the 210 then go down to 210 and stabilize.

Understand that the solidoodle Hotend by design (because of the thermistor location) shows 210 when the core is at around 240°C. So that is very hot !!!

When I had my original solidoodle hotend, I was running my prints at 205-207 °C with ABS, and it was giving me fair results.

Do a PID autotune on your hotend, it will help a lot.

You only need to type M303 S205 in the GCODE line of Repetier in the manual control tab.

it will give you the PID results that fits best your hotend for 205°C, you will only have to update the firmware (in repetier, configuration menu, eeprom configuration).

SD3, early 2013. Silicon 200W 8x8 heater bed, lawsy carriage on 8 mm hardened chrome shafts, E3D V6 and lawsy MK5 extruder, ATX 350 W PSU, Custom build plywood enclosure, azteeg x5 mini smothie firmware, with vikki 2 screen, fishing line conversion and pulley conversion, M5 Z rod. Calling it Gran'ma, going strong ! <3

Forgot to say that originaly, the maxtemp trigger is very close to 210, don't remember exactly how much, but if I remember well, it's around 215 -220...

SD3, early 2013. Silicon 200W 8x8 heater bed, lawsy carriage on 8 mm hardened chrome shafts, E3D V6 and lawsy MK5 extruder, ATX 350 W PSU, Custom build plywood enclosure, azteeg x5 mini smothie firmware, with vikki 2 screen, fishing line conversion and pulley conversion, M5 Z rod. Calling it Gran'ma, going strong ! <3