Re: I don't know what's going on here.

The filament I'm using is SD "stone". And yea an E3D is looking more and more appealing with every passing moment..

I would order some different filament also there are many good brands.  I have had good results with Octave but with an E3D you can also use nylon like Taulman.  Do you have your printer enclosed?

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Alright I did it, bought my E3D. Will I need to print any mounts or anything, or is everything that I need included the kit? Will I need to get wire connectors? I can't tell from the pics. I can get any pieces I need printed printed in town. Luckily there's a 3D printing place smile Anyway, thanks for all your help guys! You've all been very helpful.

wardjr wrote:

Do you have your printer enclosed?

Yes, Just cardboard, seemed to keep the warping down pretty well. I've been meaning to create something more permanent for a while now. I will probably do it when the E3D comes. Have you used makergeeks.com filament? Also if I get PLA can I use a desk fan to cool it temporarily till I can print a fan mount?

Some people claim you can use a desk fan but (just my opinion) I think it does more harm than good.  The idea is to cool the filament slightly as it is extruded not cool the entire print as that can cause warping.  I have used just about every known brand there is.  For the price to consistency I go with Octave.  I have used 10:1 of Octane to other brands and never once have I had a bad roll.  I can't say that about most other brands.  Also I am not a huge fan of PLA as I just see no advantage to it.  I say try anything once or you'll never truely know what works best for you.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

swiftimundo wrote:
wardjr wrote:

Do you have your printer enclosed?

Also if I get PLA can I use a desk fan to cool it temporarily till I can print a fan mount?

I printed PLA exclusively for a couple months and until I printed a fan mount I just used a $10 desk fan. Worked just fine.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!