Topic: The 1st 3D Printed VR Goggles Aimed for Crowd Manufacturing: ALTERGAZE

Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce to you all a project that a friend of mine and myself have been working on. We launched it on Kickstarter 50 days ago and our campaign is now successful and it has only 8 hours to go until it ends.

So what is Altergaze? Altergaze is a customisable, 3D printed, smartphone based Virtual Reality interface distributed through crowd manufacturing.

Altergaze aims to aid virtual reality into becoming mainstream by using 3D printing for crowd-manufacturing (more information in Update 8 from the Kickstarter campaign page). If you are a 3D printer owner, be sure to check out (Update 8) and and take the survey regarding the process of becoming an Altergaze manufacturer.

Basically, the core of our product is 3D printing. I am in charge of the 3D printing and design side of the project. I have printed all the Altergaze headsets, including the rubber eyecups (NinjaFlex in black) with my Solidoodle 2 Pro. That is why I am reaching out to other Solidoodle owners hoping that any 3D printing enthusiast would be interested in being a part of the first crowd manufacturing 'movement'.

You can find all the information you need on the Kickstarter campaign page at: kickstarter.com/projects/278203173/altergaze-mobile-virtual-reality-for-your-smartpho

Post's attachments

#altergaze #vr #3dprinting #goggles #crowdmanufacturing (1).jpg
#altergaze #vr #3dprinting #goggles #crowdmanufacturing (1).jpg 32.4 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-05-01 

#altergaze #vr #3dprinting #goggles #crowdmanufacturing (3).jpg
#altergaze #vr #3dprinting #goggles #crowdmanufacturing (3).jpg 117.85 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

#altergaze #vr #3dprinting #goggles #crowdmanufacturing (4).jpg
#altergaze #vr #3dprinting #goggles #crowdmanufacturing (4).jpg 67.35 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

#altergaze #vr #3dprinting #goggles #crowdmanufacturing (5).jpg 77.8 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.