Topic: xyz Da Vinci Firmware version number ?

There is talk about reverting to firmware version "G".  My printer came with 1.1.6 firmware.  The software wants to update the firmware version, however, I've declined, and do not know what version it wants to update to.

There is supposed to be an firmware update that encrypts the filament cartridge chip, and I'm wondering what version that is.

Does anyone know what the version history is on these printers?

Re: xyz Da Vinci Firmware version number ?

The newest version firmware, .I encrypts the cartridge. .I also seems to mess up printing as well. Firmware .G is the best bet right now. Just disconnect from the internet, and then select update firmware. After a while, you will be asked to select the firmware file to update. Use the attached file to update your firmware....

smile

Post's attachments

3DP01_20140310_FW_V1.1.G_RELEASE (1).bin 227.32 kb, 102 downloads since 2014-04-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

apc7654 wrote:

There is talk about reverting to firmware version "G".  My printer came with 1.1.6 firmware.  The software wants to update the firmware version, however, I've declined, and do not know what version it wants to update to.

There is supposed to be an firmware update that encrypts the filament cartridge chip, and I'm wondering what version that is.

What you're reading as 1.1.6 is in fact 1.1.G, just stick with that until we hear of a fix.

harry

harrypottar wrote:
apc7654 wrote:

What you're reading as 1.1.6 is in fact 1.1.G, just stick with that until we hear of a fix.

harry

Thanks Harry! I was wondering what "6" was, LOL! Glad you are on the ball... smile

Can anyone help? I appear to be stuck on firmware 1.1.I ... I have tried the disconnecting the internet and clicking update firmware, but it appears to be preloaded. I went from 1.1.A (out of the box) to 1.1.I (although disconnected). I have firmware G downloaded, but I cannot seem to downgrade from I to G.

If you can access your SD card, pop it into your computer, and rename any *.dat files to *.dat.old

Do a full uninstall of your XYZWare, and reboot your computer.

Go here: http://voltivo.com/forum/davinci-softwa … repository
and download Firmware G again, and XYZWare 1.0.1.23

Disconnect from the internet (Or use a firewall app like TinyFirewall)

Install XYZWare, and try update again.

Report back on how it went.

If it didnt work, then there is a way to reset your board, and reflash the firmware you need, but it involves a couple more steps and apps.

if it isn't broken, you haven't modded it enough

Is taking out the sd card a typical step of downgrading? I'm thinking it's because I downloaded the latest version of xyzware off the website instead of the cd (my theory is that version I comes with the latest xyzware)

I would suggest to uninstall xyzware and install the version on the CD and try it offline again.
Make sure you are in fact offline. you should at that point have the option to choose a file to upload.

The reason I suggested renaming the DAT files on your SD card is because when you upload a new firmware, it gets put on the SD card temporarily as a DAT file. This step was to ensure you werent getting problems from a firmware file on the card.

if it isn't broken, you haven't modded it enough

Did a complete uninstall of windows 7 (paralells) and did all necessary upgrades and driver installs. Realized that the XYZware downloaded straight from the website has version I preinstalled. If anyone is looking to stick with firmware g, DO NOT Install latest version of XYZware, it will automatically have version I (probably version J now) installed on your da vinci. Use installation disk to achieve a downgrade.