Topic: Filament extrusion E #

Hi!! so im new to this world have just  built my Gigabot and have been trying to dial in my E# for the calibration. Just wanting to know what kind of tolerance is good? or tolerable.  Right now with 80mm of commanded extrusion im geting 80.24mm   is .24 too much or should i continue.

How much does heat come into play with expansion of metal components? ect...
I just dont want to be wasting heaps of filament if its not going to warrent a better result.

I have test printed and 3 sides of the cube look uniform the 4th is a bit rougher would this be the cause?

Thanks
Dustin

Re: Filament extrusion E #

.24 in 80mm's isn't a problem.  Is there a reason your not using 100 mm's just to simplify the process?  Besides of course using more filament.  You'll waste a lot more than that in failed prints with improper calibration.  Have you calibrated for extrusion multiplier?  (Single wall thickness)

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

so with the instructions provided from Gigabot its to measure out 100mm and extrude 80mm measure the differential.  As far as the extrusion multiplier i havent adjusted it. The specs for the bot are provided and not really sure what the heck it all means. :-)   Im up early and staying up late trying to get it all learned.   

The machine is currently set at a setting of 1 for the multiplier. with 3mm filament (2.92 rather)

What nozzle diameter are you using?

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

its a .5mm

So when you print a single perimeter it should measure out at .6 with a caliper.  If it is thicker than you reduce the multiplier.  If thinner than increase it.  Some pictures would help also.

the walls when checked are hitting that .6mm mark which is good. I do have some other questions and thought that a video of the prints may be better.  I have made a video of everything i figured it would probably than dozens of pictures.  how ever it wont let me post the link on here . Its on youtube  its the 1st video down when you search "Gigabot test print" Let me know what you think and suggestions
Thanks Again,
Dustin