Topic: What can the SD3 print that would make me buy it over the SD2?

What thingiverse part or other component would make me buy the SD3 over the SD2?
I can image printing mulitple parts on the bigger bed would be easier, but I think I'd be happy to get the SD2 with the enclosure for $200 less.

Re: What can the SD3 print that would make me buy it over the SD2?

I would recommend the 3. I really enjoy my 2, but for some prints that I designed, it really would have helped if a paid for the 3.
The only difference between SD2 pro and expert is the case...a $100 case you could easily make for $20.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Main difference between 2 and 3 is the size of the bed, so you're limited to 6"^3 on a 2, and 8"^3 on a 3.  If you're looking to print bigger parts, get the SD3.

I have occasionally wished I could print bigger than 6" things, but I'm pretty happy with my SD2. I saved money by building my own enclosure out of foamboard. If I had known what I know now, I probably would have saved even more money and gotten one without the heated bed and installed a better bed heater myself as well (though I admit I haven't yet gotten around to installing my new bed heater, but at least I have the parts :-).

cckens wrote:

Main difference between 2 and 3 is the size of the bed, so you're limited to 6"^3 on a 2, and 8"^3 on a 3.  If you're looking to print bigger parts, get the SD3.

+1...I bought the SD2 when they were first introduced and had I had the option, would've ordered the SD3 for the larger print area...

As far as the enclosure; I ordered the Pro version and have NEVER used it.  Save your money.

SD2 - Stock - Enclosure - Heated Bed - Glass Plate - Auto Fire Extinguisher
Ord Bot Hadron - RAMPS 1.4 - Bulldog XL - E3D v6 - 10" x 10" PCB Heated Build w/SSR - Glass Plate
Thanks for All of Your Help!