Topic: assembling filastruder step number 6

In step number 6 it says to make sure that 1/4" of the feed screw sticks out of the barrel. Im assuming it is talking about the actuall screw side. Mine is not like that it is right at the edge of the barrel. Did i not screw the barrel into the nipple far enough?

Re: assembling filastruder step number 6

Yeah - there's a number of variables here, how far the barrel is screwed in is one of them. You can make up for it by moving the shaft collar up 5mm or so.

Okay thanks. Also one step says to check if the feed screw spins freely. It does spin but not very freely. Sorry im having some troubles cause I cant get my computer to load all the pictures.

If it is not spinning freely, it sounds like you didn't completely deburr the barrel. You should be able to rotate it easily with just two fingers, without it hanging up through the rotation.

Use imgur for pictures.

spencermatousek wrote:

Okay thanks. Also one step says to check if the feed screw spins freely. It does spin but not very freely. Sorry im having some troubles cause I cant get my computer to load all the pictures.

does it spin freely without the collar/bearings installed?

I had to ream my wood hole a little bit to get the bolt on the collar not to rub.