Topic: E3D hotend troubles on solidoodle

I have the e3d hot end in my hand, but I'm having trouble finding ferrules to use to crimp the thermisistor to the solidoodle plug. Is there anyone here that can help me or anyone that lives in md or dc or nova that can help me with this? If you have them and want to sell them, ill buy it if it is already put together.

Re: E3D hotend troubles on solidoodle

It should have come with some very small ferrules...

it did come with some, but i need 4 more to put the connectors on. can i use regular solder to solder on the connectors?

You can solder them or even just twist them together and tape them up good.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

5 (edited by adrian 2014-04-20 00:38:48)

I wouldn't solder the thermistor side unless you are really doing it properly with insulation such as vidaflex ... but the upper connector side can be soldered relatively safely....

If you do it well, a simple Western Union Splice should serve you sufficiently, as long as you dont plan on swapping hotends regularly...

As for more ferrule options than you could ever imagine: http://www.ferrulesdirect.com/

Thanks guys. I don't know how to solder (well) but i just ordered some small ferrules from filastruder which is who i bought it from. Thanks for all of your help guys