Topic: Not the Filastruder Extruder but the Lyman

I recently acquired all of the required parts to build the Lyman Filament extruder v3 and have found myself stuck at the wiring stage, his guide offers a very complicated diagram for wiring up the whole thing (water cooler and spool winder) but doesn't offer one for those who simply want to build the extruder alone. I have added the wiring guide here as an attachment as well as the BOM, which I have all the parts for. I have been looking at the wiring diagram for the filastruder (attached as well) and was wondering if I could simply copy it without too much hassle, if someone here with more knowledge about this than myself could chime in to help me out I would greatly appreciate it, thanks

Post's attachments

download.png
download.png 56.17 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

lymanbom.png 122.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

lymanwiring.png 130.56 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Not the Filastruder Extruder but the Lyman

The wiring for the extruder is pretty simple... the only thing changes where wires go is the temp controller you choose and even those only need a few different circuits in them... (power in), (power out), (temp sensor in)

So what areas of the wiring are you having problems with?

Re: Not the Filastruder Extruder but the Lyman

Hey IFLS,

I was able to get my extruder to work based off of Lyman's schematics. The only thing that was off was that the 2 wires from the Sabertooth to the extruder motor was reversed, so when I first turned it on the extruder pull the pellets out instead of pushing them through the nozzle.

The wiring for your particular PID controller may be vary depending on which one you bought. Mine came with a wiring guide just for that PID.

I found that I did not need the battery pack (even though the Sabertooth manual suggested it).

mnutsch