Topic: Broken heater

Do somebody know where I can buy in Europe a similar heater (12 V 40W) mine got broken?

Thank you.

Zoltan

Re: Broken heater

How did it get broken? What are the symptoms?

I am aware of only one failed heater out of 1300. 0.08% is a pretty low failure rate.

I would say it died in normal operation. It is interrupted. I was using the power supply delivered with the kit so I do not think was the voltage or current supply issue. The temperature was below 200 Celsius degree so no overheat either. I would say misfortune or bad luck.

Zoltan

Do you know a supplier in Europe or do you sell also replacement? I would expect the shipping fees from States will be prohibitive anyway. I tried to find on Ebay from China (usually very cheap and free shipping), but I found only 240V and 110V versions.

Zoltan

Did you test it with a multimeter? Can you connect it directly to the power supply?

They are custom made, there are no other suppliers.

I see you have a v1.0 kit. Those have Mypin controllers, which exhibited an unusually high failure rate - about 15%, which is why I stopped using them. I would say it is much more likely that the PID controller failed. There's a thread on it in this sub forum.

I can sell you a heater if needed, but I'd like to confirm that that's the actual issue by getting a resistance check on it. It is about 180 times more likely that the PID controller has failed, and two good heaters with no good controller isn't very helpful.

I checked with a multimeter and it is interrupted. On other hand, I checked yesterday after you mentioned it Mypin controller with a 12 V 21 W bulb and the termistor and strangely as till now it worked perfectly it is dead. It did not comute when the temperature is reached.
Could you sell me a heater, and a PID, please? Please, PM me the price and shipping fees.

I fixed the controller. It was just one cold solder point. Now I will try to fix also the heater. I will keep you informed.