Topic: Another huge sale at GEEEtech.com

Another big weekend sale on 3d printer electronics:

http://www.geeetech.com/specials.html?z … 2big39ntc0

Printrbaord clone for only $35. That pretty sweet for a simple PLA machine.

Also, A4988 and DRV8825 boards for $5.

MK2A heaters for $11.

Also remember, this is a china shop. 2 weeks delivery. Quality is what you would expect. So far my experience has been decent. That Printrboard clone works nicely, but the trace for the heaterbed will fry on you, even with a small current heater. Best use a DC-Dc SSR if you want heatbed with it. Otherwise, if you plan to build a PLA Delta, its a nice board.

I am seriously contemplating the DUE + RAMPS-FD.

Chuck Bittner is a quadriplegic gamer who is petitioning the major console developers to include internal button remapping in all console games. You can help.
Sign Chuck Bittners petition

Re: Another huge sale at GEEEtech.com

Sweet!  I've needed an excuse to upgrade my stepper driver for my E3D, and this is it!  I ordered a DRV8825 and a couple heat sinks.  Their RAMPS shield is also pretty cheap at $13 assuming you already have drivers and an arduino mega to use it with!

Hazer... Be careful ordering a Ramps FD  -- See comment on their website 1st - seems they have changed the fusing

While I am happy that suppliers are jumping on new designs (even if they're a bit bleeding edge, as this one isn't yet anywhere near final), I would ask that you do not modify them. As one of the many "brains" behind this open source deisgn, you've removed one of the key changes we implemented, which was removing the PTC fuses and replacing them with standard micro-automotive type fuses. The 11A PTC device (MF-R1100) is only rated to a maximum of 16V - running these PTC fuses at 24V is dangerous and can lead to the device catching fire. Saying that the board can handle 24V while it has PTC MF-R1100's on it is, in effect, putting your customers at risk. RAMBo also moved away from using these PTC devices with V1.2 of their board (and the version you show on your site has a fuse on it no less). Until this changes, I cannot in good conscience, recommending anyone buy this design. Please reconsider. PS: As said, I have no qualms with you selling this design. I just want it to be safe.

Hazer wrote:

Another big weekend sale on 3d printer electronics:

http://www.geeetech.com/specials.html?z … 2big39ntc0

Printrbaord clone for only $35. That pretty sweet for a simple PLA machine.

Also, A4988 and DRV8825 boards for $5.

MK2A heaters for $11.

Also remember, this is a china shop. 2 weeks delivery. Quality is what you would expect. So far my experience has been decent. That Printrboard clone works nicely, but the trace for the heaterbed will fry on you, even with a small current heater. Best use a DC-Dc SSR if you want heatbed with it. Otherwise, if you plan to build a PLA Delta, its a nice board.

I am seriously contemplating the DUE + RAMPS-FD.

Thanks for  the info. I should be alright as long as I keep to a 12V system then.

Chuck Bittner is a quadriplegic gamer who is petitioning the major console developers to include internal button remapping in all console games. You can help.
Sign Chuck Bittners petition