Topic: FS: Interest in an easy M5 replacement Mod with no bed modification?

Just got done with mine, and I still have the M5 tap etc to do more 5/16" to M5 0.8 threaded through hole for easy M5 z-rod upgrades. Anybody interested I'll machine you one up for $10 + shipping. 

If there is enough interest I'll setup a product listing on my webstore for an easy transaction. 

Just thought some of you might appreciate it seeing as we don't all have machine shops.

Re: FS: Interest in an easy M5 replacement Mod with no bed modification?

I'm in smile

This is a crowd funding thing that I'm running: http://www.gofundme.com/bvi140 It's for pretty selfish reasons tongue

Excellent!

Yes, I am interested. The z-rod on my SD2 has a wobble that does not effect short prints but once they get over 60mm or so, the wobble starts to show some banding. Love to have a straight replacement option. Also, recommend a good source for the M5 rod.

SD2 Expert stock, ABS fume fan,
XYZ DaVinci 1.0 stock ABS, Simplify3D
QUBD Two-Up PLA, new 3D printed X gantry, Y idler, flex z coupler, extruder mount, E3D Lite

I wasn't entirely sure what you are offering, because I think you are referencing something you'd done before on the forum and posted more info about. Also price cost matters a bit

What would be the procedure?

What you're suggesting sounds cool though smile. I have been wanting to upgrade my z-axis for a while