Topic: Yet Another Aussie

Seems to be quite a few of us.

My printer shipped on gunpower plot, the 5th November. Hasn't arrived yet, so I imagine it will hopefully be here next week (Or Sunday, somehow the last 2 weeks, we have had parcels arrive on sunday).

As my signature states below, I am the Lead Programmer/Co Owner of a games company called Camshaft Software. We brought the 3D printer partly for fun, but also to 3D print the various assets from our game to give away as competition prizes.

We use 3DS Max as our modelling package, and it has a very useful inbuilt feature called STL Check, to make sure that your models are volumetrically sealed, have no 0 thickness edges etc. This is very useful for us, as many models have back faces removed to save on unnecessary polygons. We also plan on doing some videos on our pipeline of going from 3DS Max out to the 3d printer.

I also have some experience with coding for the arduino, and doing some electronics work with it (i.e. successfully driving a 128x64 monochrome screen). So I might be able to help out with firmware improvements and such.

So at the moment just getting everything ready. May go on the hunt for a steamer/sealed cooker for acetone smoothing this weekend.

Cheers

Lead Programmer & Co-Owner of Camshaft Software - Creators of Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game

Re: Yet Another Aussie

Welcome!

it was your decision to get one that prompted me to get a solidoodle 2 tongue

surprised yours hasnt arrived, i thought you guys ordered before me.

can't be far off!

Ordered ours on the 22nd of June,

Was sad to hear that yours got damaged in shipping, hope ours arrives safe and sound.

Lead Programmer & Co-Owner of Camshaft Software - Creators of Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game

mine was ordered on the 25th lol.

saying that, my filament hasnt arrived yet, so maybe my printer got an earlier flight lol

That would really irk me if the filament isn't with it, but I know a few people with other printers, so maybe I can scavenge some off them.

I got my filament in a separate package, which arrived 2 days prior to my solidoodle arriving.

...and we've officially hit our Aussie quota, Brad please shut down the .au extension to avoid further saturation.  haha  wink