Re: Pangu i3 .. the best price / quality ratio ?

hmmm... you want to do 0.1mm layer with a 0.5mm nozzle ?... too big for me... 0.5mm nozzle are for speed and big and no details models...

good real 0.1mm layer is very difficult (near impossible) and need a very rigid printer ( not the case of the i3..)

il already see quality difference between a 0.35mm and a 0.40mm nozzle...

try to do good print with a 0.2mm layer... a well calibrated printer can do better thing with a 0.2mm layer than a bad calibrated printer with 0.1mm layer..

ok, 0.2mm per layer should be enought to print accurate piece like scews. Did you already print a screw? And what is the most precise thing you print with the pangu?

thanks

nothing for the moment :0 .. I refine my printer calibration

I have my pangu for only one month and it works satisfactorily for only 2 weeks.

the Extruder calibration is VERY important and i have little problem with my current filament.

il will try to print one of your screw this week-end if i have time

Except #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE   calibration, I don't see any other calibration that can improve printing (exept speed and acceleration calibrations that are set to thir min for the moment).

I've already changed Y beld support to a belt exterder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:154940). This WE, I will also print a X beld extender(http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:161485) so that both belts will be well tighten.

To make pangu I3 more rigid, I also thought found this improvment: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:100128

Do you see other SW calibration or hardware points I should pay attention (considering that bed and X axis are well leveled)?

55 (edited by ysb 2014-03-27 11:28:46)

all the change that you can make in the slicer depending of your filament (retractation, speed,  bridging, temperature... )... now it's a "try and see" game...

56 (edited by manu01 2014-03-27 15:26:09)

I was only talking about printer SW and HW, of course !!!!

57 (edited by leawhc 2014-04-15 01:31:42)

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and to 3D printing.

All thanks to all the opensource information and ysb. I got myself a pangu i3 (0.4mm 1.75). I would say I am quite satisfied with the result after some careful calibration and trail & error.

cookiemonster,
How is your LCD, encoder & buzzer project?
I manage to get my working with and 2004 i2c LCD + encoder (did not add an buzzer to it) using ysb's firmware.

For those who is interested here is what I did :-

EXT connector
D17(SDA) - LCD_SDA
D16(SCL)  - LCD_SCL
D11(TX1) - ENC_A   
D10(RX1) - ENC_B
VCC_5V - LCD/ENC
A2 - ENC_SW
GND - LCD/ENC

configuration.h
------------------------------------
#define RA_CONTROL_PANEL // enable if using PCA8574 I2C
-------------------------------------
#if defined(RA_CONTROL_PANEL)
#define ULTIPANEL
#define NEWPANEL
#define LCD_I2C_TYPE_PCA8574  // I2C I am using
#define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x27   // I2C Address of the port expander some is 0x20
#endif
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define NEWPANEL  //enable this to auto enable encoder in pin.h  (under #ifdef ULTIPANEL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pin.h
---------
//The encoder and click button
#define BTN_EN1 11 // no change if connects to D11(TX1)
#define BTN_EN2 10 // no change if connects to D10(RX1)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define BTN_ENC 29 // Change from 16 (ori) to 29 = A2 (ext connector), before Panelolu2 endif
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use the standard I2C library, download the library from the configuration.h information link

That's it. You should be able to control and print from the on board uSD card using the LCD and encoder without an PC (Yeah).

Thanks to DIYcrap (diycrap.blogspot.de/2013/08/i2c-display-and-rotary-encoder-on-melzi.html) Where I got started and reference to but due to differences in firmware steps defer(Lots of trail & error and was about to give up but decided to force myself to study the firmware line by line and finally got it working).

Oh by the way total damage is LCD (US$9.77) + encoder (US$2.81) = US$12.58 (free shipping from AliExpress)

59 (edited by krakadu 2014-04-23 07:14:33)

Here are some of my prints on the Pangu, as follows:
Attachment 1 is my second print, failed because of repetier crash
Attachment 2 is a Beach Girl figurine, its just a couple of cm high
Attachment 3 is a planetary gear. 2nd try printing the model, scaled up about 15% because i didnt had appropriate tool size to rotate the gears
Attachment 4 is one of my last prints, architectural detail
Attachment 5 is a set of Geared Heart. Some of the pieces laminated with time, even though I vapored all of them

Post's attachments

2014-01-27 23.09.25.jpg
2014-01-27 23.09.25.jpg 1.73 mb, 1 downloads since 2014-04-23 

2014-02-23 09.43.12.jpg
2014-02-23 09.43.12.jpg 825.91 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2014-03-26 20.11.23.jpg
2014-03-26 20.11.23.jpg 1.75 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

2014-04-18 13.27.15.jpg
2014-04-18 13.27.15.jpg 1.91 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

DSCF5223.JPG
DSCF5223.JPG 3.5 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi all, I 've just received my pangu i3 last night, but not assembled yet . But the packing is quite impressing me smile

(More photos in my blog, thx )

Post's attachments

image.jpg
image.jpg 181.25 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

image.jpg
image.jpg 220.73 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

they improved the packaging since mine .. the case-box is a good idea instead of of lot of small bags..

Finally completed assembly!

I have tried to print few cubes, all layers are uneven , may anyone advice how to fine tune this printer... Thanks
Sorry for my English ...

Post's attachments

image.jpg 180.32 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

do you calibrate the step/mm for the extruder ? (what is your native language ?)

Hi ysb,

No, I didn't calibrate the step/mm ,may you tell me how? Thx

first, do you use the sprinter firmware (original) in your i3 or my modified marlin firmware ?

if you use the marlin, you can follow this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … ZGdMc2ebPo
and this update : http://solidoodletips.wordpress.com/201 … on-update/

it's for a solidoodle but the method is the same for any printer with marlin firmware..

i don't know if you can change the step/mm value in the last version of the sprinter firmware thru repetier, or you need to change the value inside the firmware then flash the modified firmware. you can try to follow the update method

Thanks a lot  ysb, let me try

Hello to everyone,

I have bought my pangu i3 a year ago and it never started working properly, so I decided that I will fix it now.

I have a problem with the extrudor, it doesn't extrude properly (it extrudes little material if any). With old firmware the temperature varied alot, but today I have flashed Cookiemasters marlin firmware and it is a lot better, i have also checked if the nozzle was clogged and tried to clean it with the needle.

I am runing out of ideas what to do, do somebody maybe know what to do to fix the extrudor?