Topic: Crazy mid air rafts from KISSlicer gcode

Can anyone explain why this happens and help me fix the issue?  I'm trying to generate some gcode in KISSlicer of a female super hero figure I made.  But at certain points in the model it generates these crazy mid air rafts that aren't supporting anything and have no support themselves.  They connect to the main model but all they will do is causing huge blobs on the sides of the model.  I've included a screen shot of what I'm talking about.  Also I am following the settings that Ian put out a while back for KISSlicer.

Post's attachments

KISSlicerProblemRaft.png
KISSlicerProblemRaft.png 54.8 kb, 3 downloads since 2012-11-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Crazy mid air rafts from KISSlicer gcode

It's possible that the STL has some issues that KS doesn't know how to deal with.  Download NetFabb Studio Basic (free) http://www.netfabb.com/download.php and see if it gives you alerts about anything.

+1 for Ian's comment.

I find it will find (and fix) just about anything without messing up the model.  Also- you don't have to wait for cloud processing.  Your PC will do it in seconds.

Cheers

Ian,

I had actually already downloaded netfabb and run it through the repair.  Maybe I didn't pick the right options on it or something.

Can you post the STL?  KS has been pretty solid for me where support is concerned.

I will try when I'm back home.  I will probably have to host it off my website because it's a big file.

Ian,

I think I wasn't getting the model truly maniform in the desktop version of netfabb.  I just put one of the same models I was having problems with through the cloud version and the stl looks fine in Kisslicer.

The free version of Netfabb has less capability than the expensive Pro version.  However I think the cloud service uses the Pro version, or something close.  I don't think the cloud version will fix intersections, but it seems to have a few more tricks.  I've also had luck running difficult models through the cloud a couple of times, if the first upload didn't seem to fix it.