Re: Fan. Perspex case. Glass Bed. Acetone part finishing.

http://support.fluke.com/raytek-sales/D … EVB_LR.PDF

Read this...all i know is my dog loves chasing the laser. But really, i think the word "useless" is a little strong. It might not be dead accurate, but when it reads 70 i know I'm good to go...thats useful enough for me.

Heres a little test i just did. Solidoodle is at room temperature. Here are the readings from RH, ir gun, and a thermometer i have in the bottom of the case:

RH= 25.8
Ir gun= 26.0
Cheap window thermometer= about 25

Don't know how the accuracy might change when it heats up, but that seems pretty accurate to me. Not trying to be argumentative. The Fluke article totally agrees with you...so you're totally correct. But the reading is still in the ball park.

27 (edited by adrian 2013-10-20 11:12:54)

Re: Fan. Perspex case. Glass Bed. Acetone part finishing.

You're measuring the aluminium, not the glass, and it has deltas still. Regardless, as you stated, you can disagree with Fluke by all means smile ...

Either way, you aren't measuring the top of the glass no matter how hard the assertion.... You are reading a distorted view of the bed beneath it and NOT the glass, end of story - so yes it IS useless for reading glass temps.... They tell you right there on the datasheet for a reason

And yes, thermal resistance changes with temp.. Just like resistance does in a piece of wire, often by factors of 5 or 10 or more... the way say, a thermistor does...

Anyway, apologies for trying to set the record straight.... I'll leave everyone to their IR bliss...