Topic: Filament suddenly got dark

while purging the filament was initially had the expected particulates. It was kinda smoky but it all cleared up to nearly crystal clear then four hours into the purge it the filament became nearly black and I am still getting large metallic ~1mm particulates. This occurred after stopping and restarting the machine but has continued for the next 4 hours. I also am assumming this is perfectly normal and should clear up after a few more hours of running. I believe the black is coming from the inside the barrel. Can anyone let me know if I am on the right track with this?

Re: Filament suddenly got dark

Should be fine. It's possible there's something large enough that the nozzle is blocked. How fast is it coming out, what temperature, what material?

Re: Filament suddenly got dark

Temp was 155 Material is 4043d pla from osp speed I didn't directly measure put it was likely somewhere in the 4-8 inches per minute. Material didn't seem blocked during observations I had assumed it was extruding slower due to the lower temp which was done to help control the stretching. The motor also sounded just fine, ie not bogged down as it sounded the same as it does at higher temps and faster flow rates.