Topic: SD Received - No Peanuts found

My Solidoodle arrived a few minutes ago and I thought I would be sweeping packing peanuts off of the floor for the next several days.  How pleasantly surprised I was to find the printer was packed with rigid foam on the exterior and rolled up bubble wrap in the interior space of the printer.

And yes, I found the unpacking instructions after I had un-boxed the printer. The instructions indicated that a filament roll could be packed in the printer housing below the bed and a slightly different packing configuration.

The electronics now have a clear cover in place. A small section of filament was also included; perhaps several feet.

Ordered 25 Jun 2012
Order No. 2272
SN 1448

Now to get it hooked up and the software installed.

Post's attachments

Solidoodle-15.jpg 934.44 kb, 2 downloads since 2012-11-09 

Solidoodle-16.jpg
Solidoodle-16.jpg 1.06 mb, 3 downloads since 2012-11-09 

Solidoodle-17.jpg
Solidoodle-17.jpg 1.17 mb, 2 downloads since 2012-11-09 

Solidoodle-4.jpg
Solidoodle-4.jpg 736.83 kb, 2 downloads since 2012-11-09 

Solidoodle-6.jpg
Solidoodle-6.jpg 1.06 mb, 4 downloads since 2012-11-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: SD Received - No Peanuts found

Looks great, much more professionally packed.  I can't wait to receive mine, hopefully only a few more weeks.

And I'm glad to see the clear plexiglass case.  I like that much better than me printing my own.

Again congrats on your receiving your printer!

Yay! No chasing peanuts around!!! Thank you Solidoodle staff!!!!!!!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
SD2 with Sanguinololu board, glass bed mod, E3d_v5 bowden version hotend (currently direct drive), Lawsy Mk5 jigsaw replacement, octopi printserver, drv8825(tiny troubles)

This is impressive and what we all were basically begging for. Glad to see this and I'm sure itll be a blessing in disguise for support. Hopefully no more depressing and angry hate mail from broken printers. Things are looking even better for solidoodle.

Nice!

They must have JUST switched.  Mine shipped end of October and I had peanut-christmas smile

Nothing the vac couldn't deal with though.  Wish I got an electronics cover!

Glad you got it.

I would be happy to pay for a kit that allowed me to upgrade to the new electronics cover

oo, very nice smile
missed out on a cover by 2 weeks smile
good on sd for upgrading as they go.

Looks good. Very nice packing.

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

Funny, mine shipped Nov 2, had peanuts and bubblewrap support columns.  Electronics cover, but no spare kapton square, which I'm not too upset with as I'm going glass...

From what I can gather, there seems to be quite a variation in things people got. I didn't get any tools (others seemed to have a toothbrush etc) or any spare kapton, or electronics cover, despite the blog stating I should have one (an electronics cover that is). The kapton would have come in handy, the third print I did buried itself into the kapton and scratched the crap out of it after I had to clear a clog.

pretenda wrote:

From what I can gather, there seems to be quite a variation in things people got. I didn't get any tools (others seemed to have a toothbrush etc) or any spare kapton, or electronics cover, despite the blog stating I should have one (an electronics cover that is). The kapton would have come in handy, the third print I did buried itself into the kapton and scratched the crap out of it after I had to clear a clog.

This was the Tool Kit. It was passed out as an apology for the extremely long wait times the first group of users got. We sell it in the store now.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

All good. I've built up a kit now and plan on using glass for the bed as soon as I get it up and running again.

pretenda wrote:

All good. I've built up a kit now and plan on using glass for the bed as soon as I get it up and running again.

Is it down for the count?

solidoodlesupport wrote:
pretenda wrote:

Is it down for the count?

Yeah until my new parts arrive. See my 'Clogged' post.

cckens wrote:

Funny, mine shipped Nov 2, had peanuts and bubblewrap support columns.  Electronics cover, but no spare kapton square, which I'm not too upset with as I'm going glass...

We just switched over to the new packaging. We wish we could of said more while it was under development.

mine must have just missed the new packaging too.
damn!

EFFalcon wrote:

damn!

You should order a S3 to try it out! wink

solidoodlesupport wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:

damn!

I'll wait for support to help me fix my S2 first wink

EFFalcon wrote:
solidoodlesupport wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:

damn!

I'll wait for support to help me fix my S2 first wink

Of course.