101 (edited by adrian 2014-08-03 03:22:04)

Re: X6-1500GT CNC router

Stevos758 wrote:

I think you are looking for some Delrin?

It seems pretty reasonable.

I know its pretty useful stuff and easy to machine.

Technically, it would be Polyoxymethylene (or POM) that he'd be looking for smile

Delrin is DuPonts trade name for it.. also known as acetal, polyacetal and polyformaldehyde or other trade names such as Celcon, Ramtal, Duracon and Hostaform .

I know you US guys love genericising a trade name (Xerox or Kleenex anyone? Maybe some Lexan tongue ) but it makes it a lot easier to find if you use the 'real name' wink

Lexan is great stuff are you telling us to make a xerox of the spec sheet and try and understand it's actual make up!  That's just crazy talk wink

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

From a cost perspective ABS sheet seems to be reasonably priced.  Not sure if it will exhibit the physical properties you may be after though.  Suppose it comes down to the app.  I ordered a sheet or ~ 6 mil sheet but haven't gotten around to cutting it yet.

104 (edited by fcichock 2014-08-04 01:15:20)

I finally made some time to get my X6 up and running and started playing with some copper coated circuit board I had lying around.  Went through some trial and error , but ended up making a new 10x15" heating bed for a custom printer I've been building.  Traces on the order of ~ 7 mm wide seemed to work best exhibiting ~ 0.5 ohm over the entire board.  I have a 12v 30amp power supply so I figured if the traces were any wider I'd be pushing the limits.  The enclosed pic and video are of an earlier attempt when I went in exactly the wrong direction and made the traces too thin ( for a 12v supply) but at least conveys the idea.....

Post's attachments

image.jpg
image.jpg 2.7 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Here is some ref info for board traces.
http://circuitcalculator.com/wordpress/ … alculator/

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

Cool tool.  Bookmarked I for future use

107 (edited by adrian 2014-08-05 10:58:13)

May I suggest https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en is a handy tool.

Includes all that trace stuff, plus 100's more. As a closet LecEng guy; I use it almost daily as its right there in my pocket.

Dont forget about eaglecad with PCBgcode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4-Ugi4y9lk

Yep, those are both great suggestions.  For these simple circuit board heaters I just wrote the gcode myself, but I can see the gcode generating software (like Eaglecad) for PCB design as being quite useful for anything more complicated.   I seem to be going deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole so may get there one day soon.......

Has anyone had luck adding Home/Limit switches to this machine? It seems like it should be straight forward, but I am having trouble figuring out what I need with all the info out there. I see people using aux power supplies, breakout boards, etc and this is fairly confusing for a first timer.

There is a header on the board which looks like it is meant for limit switches, it literally says "X Y Z GND GND GND" but it couldn't be that easy, could it? How do I tell what voltage and amp switches I need? What I am doing is fairly unique, so I need to be able to precisely zero my machine and even walking it manually into a pre-drilled hole is not cutting it for what I am trying to pull off.

Basically, I am taking MDF and cutting them to fixture Aluminum project boxes. From there I base my drawings off of the MDF and it works great except when I need to go back to the templates. I can never get it absolutely perfect again, so thus the need for limit switches in order to home.

These are the limit switches I have on the way are Short Hinge Lever SPDT Momentary Micro Limit Switch 0.6A 125VDC since it won't let me post pictures.

Should I have gone with someone more accurate like the proximity switches? I am getting pretty frustrated with trying to get good accuracy.

I have the 3040 machine (baby brother to this one) and yes it was that easy to add limits.  I put these on mine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400514508501?_t … EBIDX%3AIT
Wired them up between X and GND, Y and GND, Z and GND. Enabled them in mach3 and was all set.  Actually you could wire all 3 to the same pin and have two other input pins if you need other inputs for touch probe or something.

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

Vacuum table components on the way!

http://i.imgur.com/XFNZwDOl.jpg

A chance to win free CNC softeware

http://blog.cnccookbook.com/giveaways/g … ?lucky=117

Hi Team,

About to add a DIY dust shoe to mine. Will post up some files/pics when done.

Been using the 4th axis more lately, considering finally paying for Deskproto to use it more. Given up on aluminium, keen to try some engineering plastics for structural parts.

115 (edited by Stevos758 2014-09-07 14:19:04)

Im excited to see what you come up with. I am using this one at the moment.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:327156

I have been using Meshcam Art Pro for a while now. I am pretty happy with it for the price.

I have the same VFD and a x6-1500gt cnc machine. I can get it to turn on and I can change the settings in mach and change the speeds of the spindle. I have max hz at 400 and min at 50. I have a 110v machine but it won't reach mach spindle speed. Any ideas?

Yes, the spindle doesn't have a built in RPM reader. So unless you rig something up the RPM wont read in mach.

There are a few guys working on one over at CNCzone but I haven't heard anything for a while.

Hi, is someone know where can I found manual about this product ?

I bought a x6-1500gt usb with new 40v digital controller. I asked to carving cnc service but they answare me with the lament:

We cannot suggest any modifications, we not have information about limits switches, we have no answare about malfunction of g-code g31 for x or y axes, bla bla bla, bla bla bla .. ecc.. (chinese people).

what kind of risks? can I check something before doing bridge.
I want to be sure no changes in wiring in the meantime

Thanks !!

lawsy wrote:

VFD Water Pump Relay

I have has success in getting the VFD to switch the water pump on and off automatically. It has an AC relay built in that can have its behavior programmed.

The VFD setting I have used switches the pump on any time the spindle is active.

P0-025 - 2 (effective signal when inverter running)

I struggled with the wiring at first because I had a fundamental misunderstanding. I was treating the relay terminals as an AC outlet that would give 220V when I wanted. Instead they need to be treated as a switch that will turn on and off an existing AC voltage passing through them.

The correct wiring is shown above. The first step is to cut the cord of the water pump and strip back the insulation. It can be fed through one of the blank port holes (via 5mm hole) in the rear of the VFD. I crimped and soldered a spade terminal onto the blue wire, and connected it to the 'R' terminal of the VFD. The brown wire had the end stripped, soldered and then inserted into the 'MB' relay terminal.

The final step is to place a jumper wire between the 'S' (with spade terminal) and 'MC' relay terminal.

As soon as the spindle starts spinning the pump turns on, and neatly turns off after it has stopped spinning.

Here is the link Lawsy has provided. I believe the info you request is on page 16

http://www.mediafire.com/view/wmu2xjrfl … 0E-100.pdf

120 (edited by giancape 2014-11-19 13:14:49)

Perfect !! exactly what I was need.

I just remember to elseone who need this work: is important to change VFD setting by the panel as indicated.

Great thank.

I just need to find connections for home limits switches into the new digital card.

And what about fan ?? this 8cm fan made a terrible noise and work at 40v. I think is not a good idea to take 12v from inverter and put a 12cm pc fan. This is exaclty 20 milliampere  power need but  I'm afraid that is too much consumption.

Any suggestions ??

Regards

lawsy wrote:

VFD Water Pump Relay

I have has success in getting the VFD to s witch the water pump on and off automatically. It has an AC relay built in that can have its behavior programmed.

The VFD setting I have used switches the pump on any time the spindle is active.

P0-025 - 2 (effective signal when inverter running)

I struggled with the wiring at first because I had a fundamental misunderstanding. I was treating the relay terminals as an AC outlet that would give 220V when I wanted. Instead they need to be treated as a switch that will turn on and off an existing AC voltage passing through them.

The correct wiring is shown above. The first step is to cut the cord of the water pump and strip back the insulation. It can be fed through one of the blank port holes (via 5mm hole) in the rear of the VFD. I crimped and soldered a spade terminal onto the blue wire, and connected it to the 'R' terminal of the VFD. The brown wire had the end stripped, soldered and then inserted into the 'MB' relay terminal.

The final step is to place a jumper wire between the 'S' (with spade terminal) and 'MC' relay terminal.

As soon as the spindle starts spinning the pump turns on, and neatly turns off after it has stopped spinning.

Perfect !! exactly what I was need.

I just remember to elseone who need this work: is important to change VFD setting by the panel as indicated.

Great thank.

I just need to find connections for home limits switches into the new digital card.

I have to look but I think the limit switches are on pins 10, 11, 12 on the bottom. You use the ground and power from the top set of terminals. That reminds me i need to get my homing switches back on. I think if you look in the mach 3 pin input configuration they are listed there. There are two limits for each axis I think, Limit swithc and home switch

And what about fan ?? this 8cm fan made a terrible noise and work at 40v. I think is not a good idea to take 12v from inverter and put a 12cm pc fan. This is exaclty 20 milliampere  power need but  I'm afraid that is too much consumption.

I see no reason you cant change out the fan. I have heard of others doing it as well. I think a powerful 12vDC would be fine. Just

Any suggestions ??

Regards

Also if you have not done so check out this thread. Lots of info.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chinese-m … 4-cnc.html

Hey guys,
I'm new at the forum thing and had a question. I just got the
x6-1500gt . I reading different info. Will this machine work with windows 8. Please help.

Big_E wrote:

Hey guys,
I'm new at the forum thing and had a question. I just got the
x6-1500gt . I reading different info. Will this machine work with windows 8. Please help.

I dont see any reason that it wouldn't? What seems to be the problem?

Machine isn't recognized and I get a trigger error message I open up mach3.

I have windows 7 and I remember having issues right away.

I can send you my mach 3 configuration. Make sure you back yours up before trying it.

You can compare it. PM me your email.