Topic: New all metal hotend kickstarter

I just thought i would pass this along.
New all metal hotend Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/b3i … d-printers

Ultimaker S3.

Re: New all metal hotend kickstarter

Hmm I like the fact it's a solid piece expect for the nozzle,
as opposed to the E3D which comes in 3 separate pieces

Powder coated steel enclosure, 1/4" Surface grounded hardened aluminum plate, MK2A Heat bed, .200 Polished fused quartz plate, Machined quick change hot bed mount, E3D hot end, Ramps 1.4, DRV8825 stepper motor drivers

3 (edited by Tomek 2013-12-10 04:13:19)

I was on their email list, took about a year to get to "market" [kickstarter]. even longer than the prusa nozzle, which took way long. Only Arcol nozzle has taken longer to get their new nozzle tongue.

I don't see what the Pico offers over the E3D or Prusa.

Edit: I admit its beautiful machining, but I don't see that its worth it. I have been so strongly won over by E3D's short hot zone.

Tomek wrote:

I was on their email list, took about a year to get to "market" [kickstarter]. even longer than the prusa nozzle, which took way long. Only Arcol nozzle has taken longer to get their new nozzle tongue.

I don't see what the Pico offers over the E3D or Prusa.

Edit: I admit its beautiful machining, but I don't see that its worth it. I have been so strongly won over by E3D's short hot zone.

Same here. A year is a long time to go from prototype to final design. Short melt zone (E3D) is better in my opinion. More parts isn't necessarily bad - aluminum is much cheaper to machine than SS.