1 (edited by gabechewy 2013-12-06 07:03:06)

Topic: Questions on Building Kit #714

Hi guys thanks for the awesome machine, excited to start making some filament!

Please bear with me if I have any noob questions.

First thing is the white nylon spacers have been replaced with black ones, and I can't seem to get the assembly to tighten. The bolts run out of thread and spacers have too much space, maybe there's something I'm over looking .

Post's attachments

photo (12).JPG 112.69 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Questions on Building Kit #714

Also the instructions say to leave 2-3mm of space in the socket, but there's more like 5-6mm because the auger barely makes it in, should I just sand down the auger end so there's a better fit?

3 (edited by gabechewy 2013-12-06 07:19:21)

I also hand tightened the nozzle with the coupling to the nipple and they both seem to go in only about 3-4 threads as seen in the picture is that enough or should I use a wrench to get them tighter?

thanks for any direction.

Post's attachments

photo (13).JPG 108.55 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You might need some extra 1/4" washers. Some of the bolts don't have quite enough thread. Put the extra washers between the bolt head and the flange, on each bolt.

Sure, you can sand or file the hex portion of the auger.

Hand tight is plenty on the nozzle. Any more and you won't be able to undo it.

5 (edited by gabechewy 2013-12-08 06:04:45)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Almost there, I'm getting a barrel roll even though my temp is set to over 190, and I can't seem to tighten the barrel to the flange because it would slide the hopper. I did wait over 30 minutes to start the motor. Can someone tell me what I'm overlooking?