Re: Newly Installed E3D Problems

Boz wrote:

Thank you all again for your help.  I was able to solder and install the new driver yesterday, and also retrim all of my stepper drivers.  The results are pretty noticeable.  I hope to get a new extruder stepper down the road and improve it even more.  Here are some comparison pictures:

E3D Hotend, 1/16 microstepping (Before):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/wmfootball75/PhotoDec10100453PM.jpg

E3D Hotend, 1/32 microstepping (After):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/wmfootball75/PhotoDec10100449PM.jpg

First off...sorry for quoting large images.

I installed the E3D and immediately noticed a difference. But my current issue still looks more like the first image I quoted. So I have two separate questions:
1) For adjusting microstepping- This is through RH under tools and leadscrew calculator, correct?
2) For extrusion multiplier I have 1 and EEPROM states 108.5....this seems a bit high, but I don't want to mess anything up.
Plus, it's a bit faster to ask the forum than a series of trial and observation. smile

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

MIcrostepping is limited by the stepper driver on the motherboard, and determined by the jumpers. If you haven't upgraded the stepper drivers, then you are limited 1/16. If you have a printrboard, you are limited to 1/16 unless you replace the whole board. If you have a Sanguinololu, you can replace just the one stepper driver. You can probably get better results that what you currently have by tuning the stepper Vref by hand/ear.

108.5 sounds a lot more like steps/mm than extrusion multiplier...

28 (edited by AZERATE 2014-05-14 01:37:32)

elmoret wrote:

MIcrostepping is limited by the stepper driver on the motherboard, and determined by the jumpers. If you haven't upgraded the stepper drivers, then you are limited 1/16. If you have a printrboard, you are limited to 1/16 unless you replace the whole board. If you have a Sanguinololu, you can replace just the one stepper driver. You can probably get better results that what you currently have by tuning the stepper Vref by hand/ear.

108.5 sounds a lot more like steps/mm than extrusion multiplier...

Thank you for the clarification, Tim.
And yes, I phrased it wrong...108.5 steps per mm in EEPROM is what I meant to say smile

Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on

108.5 sounds correct with a multiplier of 1 - at least, in the ballpark.

elmoret wrote:

108.5 sounds correct with a multiplier of 1 - at least, in the ballpark.

Thank you 1,000 times more. Now I'm fairly certain I need to adjust the VREF