Topic: Heart shaped box

Here's the first thing that I printed.

just knocked up a small jewlery (ear ring) box with a lid. (yes this was to remove that I can't believe you spend £600 on a toy look from the misuses face)

I used is as a calibration object.

it's with is 40mm, the circles (if extended) would overlap exactly, their radius is 10mm (20mm diameter) the wall thickness is 2mm.

the lid is printed, the correct way up, and this includes a 0degree overhang, - yes you can flip it over if you want) but for a first print it's kind of interesting to see what happens with overhangs, - especially those that have no support.

-or you can try turning support material on and see what happens.

the lid is 4mm thick, in the top part, and 4mm thick in the bottom part.
the lid is a tolerance fit, so it needs no fastener, - and if your bed is too hot etc the print will squidge out and the lid won't fit smile

Post's attachments

Heart Box Lid.stl 664.16 kb, 85 downloads since 2012-11-05 

Heart box.stl 566.83 kb, 57 downloads since 2012-11-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Heart shaped box

Nice box! I saw your other post, and wondered what settings you used for it to fit so nicely.

...sativas are for smoking!

everything is standard profile

I wanted my first prints to be, as smooth as possible, and as supportable as possible. - therefore if there was any issues I felt that I could be sure it wasn't something I'd done and support could be as helpful as possible.

All there is to do is load up pronterface and follow the first print instructions for creating Gcode using skeinforge, no options were changed.
I also used filament bought from Solidoodle so there would be no question as to the quality of the material printed using their machine.

Another heart shaped box can be found here

I like it danny, maybe I need to start printing more wife friendly prints so I can spend more time on the machine.

cmetzel wrote:

I like it danny, maybe I need to start printing more wife friendly prints so I can spend more time on the machine.

I guarantee you that is the key to spending more time with your first love... I mean your second love... I mean...

jooshs wrote:
cmetzel wrote:

I guarantee you that is the key to spending more time with your first love... I mean your second love... I mean...

Absolutely, this is key! See http://www.soliforum.com/post/4152/#p4152  You can see which one's i've made for my wife! She just gave birth to our first son on the 26th, and I printed those two on the 29th! And i've been printing something every day since!

I'll be printing that box shortly! Thanks.

...sativas are for smoking!

cmetzel wrote:

And if that doesn't work, print a new wife smile