Topic: Filastruder purge

I have extruded the recommended 8 hr purge and an additional 15 hrs. I am still getting small particles. What is the longest time that someone has done a purge? I will be buying a nozzle with an integrated filter but was just wondering everyone else average purge.

Re: Filastruder purge

8 hours is usually plenty to flush most of the contamination. Small particles can be from a number of things - usually they are below 500 microns in diameter and will pass through large printing nozzles. A melt filter is recommended for use with printers having nozzles 0.5mm or smaller in diameter.

Primary source is barrel wear - even industrial extruders have barrel wear and consequently melt filters. Its where the idea came from.

Sounds great Tim. SO would this filament be alright to run on my SD or should I first get the nozzle integrated melt filter?

If you're using a fat nozzle (like 0.6mm), it would be fine to run. If using a smaller nozzle, better to wait for the melt filter.

The melt filter has 0.25mm openings, so you should be good to go once you're melt filtering unless you're using a nozzle 0.25mm or smaller to print with.

Thanks Tim I will place order right now. Also thanks for the replacement parts my Filastruder is running like a champ!

innovate wrote:

Thanks Tim I will place order right now. Also thanks for the replacement parts my Filastruder is running like a champ!

Great to hear. Thanks for being patient.

No problem Tim, thanks for the great customer service.