Topic: New user, very slow rate

Hello All,

I just got my completed Filastuder and I am trying to print 1.75 sized filament and I am getting a very slow rate.  Maybe 1.5 inches a minute.  I do not hear the motor stuggling or stalling and there does not seem to be any kind of jam.  It is working just very slowly and it is making the getting the wave out of my filament almost impossible to do.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Harg

Re: New user, very slow rate

What temperature?
What polymer? Where did you get it from?
How much have you extruded?
Have you checked that the nozzle is not plugged?
Have you checked that the barrel has not rotated (cutout is still facing upwards)?

Have you contacted [email protected]? They handle support for the fully assembled version.

Alright I found the problem, it looks like the barrel was rolled and the hopper was broken as well.  I am surprised that it was working at all.  Sent a email to the support address so hopefully it will get taken care of.  Thanks for the help.

Harg

Hargert wrote:

Alright I found the problem, it looks like the barrel was rolled and the hopper was broken as well.  I am surprised that it was working at all.  Sent a email to the support address so hopefully it will get taken care of.  Thanks for the help.

Harg

That would do it!

The barrel rolling causes the hopper to break.

The barrel rolls due to one of two reasons:

1.) Not sufficiently tightened during assembly
2.) Insufficient time for heat soak. You must wait 15-20 minutes AFTER the PID controller shows the desired temperature has been reached before turning the unit on.

Yep I gave it a half hour after reaching temp before I started.  Now I just have to wait to hear back from support.  Ahh the life of being on the cutting edge.

Hargert wrote:

Yep I gave it a half hour after reaching temp before I started.  Now I just have to wait to hear back from support.  Ahh the life of being on the cutting edge.

We got your message and sent you a reply.

Thanks for the quick replacement part and the great pictures.  I am hoping to have the time this weekend to put them on and give it another go.