Re: squealing?

Success! well kinda.  I ran it without the side(bottom propped up) and watched the nail work then start spinning around the motor.  So I found some washers I will try next.  But it extrude a inch of filament super fast before the nail failed!

Thank you for all the help!  I'll update the post again once I give some washers I found a whirl.

Definitely do not run it with the side off. The side is integral to the strength of the machine. This is explicitly discussed in the manual, posted here in the documentation section (and should have been linked in the letter included with your unit).

28 (edited by bugmage 2013-11-08 05:44:09)

Hi Elmoret,  Washer In, Side on, 180C holding find, Running out the hopper.  The filament looks 100% more uniform and is coming out much much faster. smile

I'm still getting the squeal? (or high pitched whistle) right around every 30 seconds or so. I think I damage something but it seems like its working great.  I'm going to reset the 8 hour burn in timer to be safe as the flow rate was so slow.

Hi Elmoret,

I took the washer out, and wrapped electrical tape around everything including the motor rod and the squealing stopped!

Bad news is the washer failed so I am going to try to find some others.  I think I'm good to fix it, thank you for a great product.  I put some pictures online if you want to use them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/es52ilr20ez2 … ilastruder

Occasional squeal shouldn't be anything to worry about, it is probably a pellet getting wedged/sliced and the auger sliding against the metal do to it.

If the washer failed, it probably was not the right thickness. It needs to be 1.5mm thick.