Topic: Z axis not moving enough

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue to this. It seems that as if the bed isn't moving as much as it should be. The extruder is in my model a lot of the time and is messing up the exterior and interior of the print and getting the extruder covered in plastic. I am assuming there is some sort of setting that I am not changing for this but I couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated big_smile

Re: Z axis not moving enough

Is the bed not moving enough or is the extruder overextruding? The extruders are generally overextruding from the factory, so if you didn't calibrate it that may be your issue. Or did you take a dial indicator to the bed to measure it?

I was just assuming, I would say its over extruding, but there are points where it was getting stuck and not extruding at all and still doing the same thing, but I guess it could be over extruding before that. Is there somewhere you could point me to fix a calibration issue. I will search on here, but I wouldn't know where else to look

Check Ian's blog http://solidoodletips.wordpress.com/ for the calibration stuff. He's got the best guides.

If you can't work it out after reading the blog, posting up a pic or video will help in diagnosis.

It seemed like the z-calibration screen in the back needed to be played with. I was just going by the tutorial on solidoodles site so I didn't realize I needed to play with that. I am waiting for more filament to come in so I can test it some more, but it seemed like it was getting closer. I will let you guys know if I have any more issues. Thanks a lot!