Topic: Do you extrude left or right handed

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Out of general interest I was wondering if there is a preferred direction of extruding?

With the hopper in the middle do you extrude out to the left or right?

and

Is that your dominant hand?

Re: Do you extrude left or right handed

Down but then adjusting it is a problem.  I can only do it with the hand that is wrapped from the last burn from a hot extruder as I need the other hand to slap over my mouth to keep from screaming real loud.  (ha ha)

I extrude to the left, because the display (in the laser cut case) is facing me that way. But it'll be vertical shortly.

Fun note on the laser cut case. If you really want to have the hot end face the other way you can flip the side panels to put the display on the other side. The only catch is you won't have the laser engraved logo or words on the outside.

Or rotate the case 180deg, flip the barrel 180deg, and flip the faceplate 180deg...

6 (edited by -luckyphil- 2013-10-30 01:22:03)

Flip it! Yeah I like it.

Although Vertical will probably be my choice shortly.

but

I've wired everything so that it extrudes to my right with the display facing me and the wires around the other side but that will change.

I've also drilled some wire sized holes low through the wood uprights so the wiring will run along the bottom while fixed to the base plate with cable ties... 2 cable sized holes next to each other through the base plate and another pair of holes fairly spaced apart so the wood doesn't look like a swiss cheese.

I'm trying to figure out display placement for vertical and horizontal extruding.

My current thought is to mount it vertically and to the left of the nipple so I can read it when I most probably change to vertical extruding but then the kids won't be able to read the temps if it's on the bench top...

Anymore thoughts or theory's?