Topic: Angled FilaBottle

I've updated the FilaBottle. The FilaBottle is a system for using water bottles for storing plastic pellets and then feeding them into the Filastruder.

The update adds:
- A 45 angled version for use in Filastruders that are run at an angle or vertically.
- An insert "comb" that closes the bottle to keep pellets in, making it easier to remove the bottle without spilling pellets everywhere.

Details at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:157575/

Re: Angled FilaBottle

This looks good. When I build my printer, I will print this.

That is really cool. Nice work!

4 (edited by gwfami 2013-11-04 21:28:39)

I printed one out of ABS.  first time I screwed in the bottle, the bottle holder portion cracked.  sad

So I had to use the handyman's secret weapon, electric tape (I know the secret weapon is duct tape, but didn't have any around).

So how's it working?

Should I tweak it to make the bottle holder thicker?

My issue is printing it.  Support screws up the comb slots and no support prints on air... any rhyme or reason for printing this thing correctly?

7 (edited by gwfami 2013-11-05 18:49:08)

I would appreciated a thicker neck to hold the bottle up.  I had a few initial issues with the comb, but clearing out the holes the comb goes through makes it work really slick.

Perhaps a "curved neck" going truly vertical instead of just 45 degrees, of course, it would have to come out a little further to prevent collisions.

cckens wrote:

My issue is printing it.  Support screws up the comb slots and no support prints on air... any rhyme or reason for printing this thing correctly?

Rotate it 90 degrees so that the bottle holder is "up" and the hole that feeds the pellets into the hopper is "down".

I have the pieces oriented as they're used, not how they should be printed. Which doesn't make much sense, come to think of it. I'll re-orient them tonight to make it easier to print.

gwfami wrote:

I would appreciated a thicker neck to hold the bottle up.  I had a few initial issues with the comb, but clearing out the holes the comb goes through makes it work really slick.

Perhaps a "curved neck" going truly vertical instead of just 45 degrees, of course, it would have to come out a little further to prevent collisions.

Good idea - I might try this tonight.

laird wrote:
gwfami wrote:

Good idea - I might try this tonight.

I rotated the STLs so they're oriented for printing, and added them to http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:157575 . Specifically:
- The funnel is rotated so the wide mouth is on the build platform
- The angled adaptor is rotated to print more easily
- The cap is rotated so the top of the cap is on the build platform

Thanks Laird!