Topic: why does bed temp drop when using KISSlicer?

My bed temp starts dropping after the print starts when I use kisslicer with repetier.  I am sure I must have missed a setting somewhere.  Could someone help me out?

Re: why does bed temp drop when using KISSlicer?

Can you upload the g-code file that it has generated?

Is it set to 0?  In  Slic3r that means manual control, but in KISSlicer it might actually mean 0.

Ian, the bed temp is set to 100 in KISSlicer preferences.  I did notice a note when I hovered over the start gcode that said something about a <BEDTEMP> that could be used.  But I don't know the syntax of that, could someone help me with that?  Also Since I don't have a fan on my Solidoddle and you do I'm wondering if there are settings I need to change for that.  I followed your settings for KISSlicer.

Lawsy I'm includeding a small piece of gcode that KISSlicer output as I have it set up.

Post's attachments

airport-proof-buckle.gcode 2.56 mb, 10 downloads since 2012-10-31 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

JustSomeGuyTN wrote:

Ian, the bed temp is set to 100 in KISSlicer preferences.  I did notice a note when I hovered over the start gcode that said something about a <BEDTEMP> that could be used.  But I don't know the syntax of that, could someone help me with that?  Also Since I don't have a fan on my Solidoddle and you do I'm wondering if there are settings I need to change for that.  I followed your settings for KISSlicer.

Lawsy I'm includeding a small piece of gcode that KISSlicer output as I have it set up.

Ok, I think I may have another issue and it's not necessarily KISSlicer related.  A little while ago I tried to warm the bed up before even loading a gcode and it just stayed around 17c.  So I started a job then killed it.   Then I stopped heating and then restarted heating.  It started heating then.

JustSomeGuyTN wrote:
JustSomeGuyTN wrote:

Ok, I think I may have another issue and it's not necessarily KISSlicer related.  A little while ago I tried to warm the bed up before even loading a gcode and it just stayed around 17c.  So I started a job then killed it.   Then I stopped heating and then restarted heating.  It started heating then.

Has this been persisting?

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.