Topic: Anyone have a brand of silicone lubricant to suggest

I've noticed a little bit of a squeak from my solidoodle that makes me think it might need a bit of grease on the front x rod.  Does anyone have a preferred lubricant to use?

Re: Anyone have a brand of silicone lubricant to suggest

Solidoodle recommended lithium grease when I asked.  One of my Y pulleys in the front rubs against the side of its mount.  That would be a likely place to check for a squeak.  It's hard to pinpoint location because it can resonate around the printer.  I was convinced that the squeak was coming from the right side Y carriage before I found the issue with the pulley.

I bought some '3 in 1 dry lubricant with PTFE'

A few claims on the spray can, compatible with all metals,plastics,vinyl and rubber. silicone free, forms a micro thin dry film to dramatically reduce friction and wear.

I have not used it yet .. I was not sure whether linear bearings would like it, anyone know offhand ?
When I was in defence, it was a wonder lube, I was told it pretty much gets into the pores of the metal and the leaves a very tiny bulge that the rubbing surface glides on, excess balls up and is removed..

Stoney wrote:

I bought some '3 in 1 dry lubricant with PTFE'

A few claims on the spray can, compatible with all metals,plastics,vinyl and rubber. silicone free, forms a micro thin dry film to dramatically reduce friction and wear.

I have not used it yet .. I was not sure whether linear bearings would like it, anyone know offhand ?
When I was in defence, it was a wonder lube, I was told it pretty much gets into the pores of the metal and the leaves a very tiny bulge that the rubbing surface glides on, excess balls up and is removed..

We always use Lithium all purpose grease, but we love to see new innovations.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.