Topic: @solidoodle support -

Solidoodle, I have stumbled across a story of two people working together in an open source environment and I see it as an opportunity for you guys to get involved in a very humanitarian way to help them out.  They are raising money to meet and work together in person to finalize the design.  They are also looking for a 3d printer, and that's where I thought you could help.  If you're at a financial point where you could see donating a printer to them and pointing them in our direction, there are a number of people here that I'm sure would be more than happy to get involved.  If you need us to raise a portion of the money to cover materials I would be willing to donate to that cause as well.  Just thought it would be a great way to show your abilities and the maker communities potential to help in a humanitarian sense. 

From their website

The date of Richard and Ivan’s first opportunity to work together in person is fast approaching. In just 3 1/2 weeks, Ivan will be boarding a flight to South Africa and they will have a chance to combine their efforts in the same place at the same time.

To-date we are 55% of the way to our fundraising goal! The more we are able to raise in time for their week of work, the better! The acquisition of a 3D printer is still on the horizon, and more material to experiment with is always a good thing.

Link to their post here

Re: @solidoodle support -

cmetzel wrote:

Solidoodle, I have stumbled across a story of two people working together in an open source environment and I see it as an opportunity for you guys to get involved in a very humanitarian way to help them out.  They are raising money to meet and work together in person to finalize the design.  They are also looking for a 3d printer, and that's where I thought you could help.  If you're at a financial point where you could see donating a printer to them and pointing them in our direction, there are a number of people here that I'm sure would be more than happy to get involved.  If you need us to raise a portion of the money to cover materials I would be willing to donate to that cause as well.  Just thought it would be a great way to show your abilities and the maker communities potential to help in a humanitarian sense. 

From their website

The date of Richard and Ivan’s first opportunity to work together in person is fast approaching. In just 3 1/2 weeks, Ivan will be boarding a flight to South Africa and they will have a chance to combine their efforts in the same place at the same time.

To-date we are 55% of the way to our fundraising goal! The more we are able to raise in time for their week of work, the better! The acquisition of a 3D printer is still on the horizon, and more material to experiment with is always a good thing.

Link to their post here

What a beautiful project. I'm not sure if we could work with them directly, but I'm sure we can look in to it.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.