Re: Jigsaw hot-head holder replacement

Looks awesome...  You don't have to wait on the .stl if you don't want too... smile

Ok, here are the temporary files. There are some built in areas for support  that are designed to be cut out once printed on both parts.

Also, I might not have scaled them correctly after sketchup. If they are huge, scale by 0.01 (100x smaller).

Post's attachments

HotHeadMount4.stl 561.12 kb, 33 downloads since 2012-11-18 

HotHeadMount4_top.stl 292.04 kb, 26 downloads since 2012-11-18 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Good stuff... Definitely like retaining the idler since it has proved so effective.

If you move the front face of the block back 3mm you can still use the mounts that were made to go onto the motor bolts.  Making it flush with the bolt heads rules that out.

When I compare the STL files in a viewer vs the photos, I see that the larger/bottom piece has a slit in it in the STL files, while there is a hole (to accept the filament) in the photos.  The difference is puzzling, especially since the strength of the part, with the slit, may be reduced.  Care to explain the design change?

This is the thread for the original tek design (in black filament), although there is a pic of my derived design (in white filament). I also have my own thread for my version with instructions. I got rid of the slit because my filament was bending and failing after the stepper drive due to the freedom of movement.

would you please point me to where I can download an STL without the slit?  Thanks!

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/588/jigs … ement-mk2/

My adaption to Lawsy's is at the bottom and is exactly the same I just added 2 nubs (compatible with a m3 screw and a washer) so that we can develop attachments more easily (I have a good list I have started to work on, but the more ideas and attachments the better); I also have a printable tensioner arm working and I added that today as it is near final.