Topic: Solidoodle 2 Cover later?

I am about to order a Solidoodle 2, the Pro version with heatbed.

Is if possible to order the cover later on, or do I spend the extra $100 right now to get the cover at the same time?

P.S. I don't need the cover right away, but it would be good to have the covers later on.

Re: Solidoodle 2 Cover later?

A lot of us are printing without the cover just fine, and some have just bought clear plexiglass and stuck it on with magnets instead of the cover.  I'm sure you could buy the cover later on if you really wanted it.

There are probably members that would sell you their slightly used covers too who don't like them.

I'd sell my cover.

Nakaleen wrote:

I am about to order a Solidoodle 2, the Pro version with heatbed.

Is if possible to order the cover later on, or do I spend the extra $100 right now to get the cover at the same time?

P.S. I don't need the cover right away, but it would be good to have the covers later on.

We should be offering the door and cover in the store very soon.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

solidoodlesupport wrote:

You are already

http://store.solidoodle.com/index.php?r … duct_id=62

cmetzel wrote:
solidoodlesupport wrote:

You are already

http://store.solidoodle.com/index.php?r … duct_id=62

What a goofy mistake! We made that go live a few days ago

Edit: Let us know if there are any other spare parts you'd like in the store.

Nozzles, Always helps to have spares, especially with bad clogs etc
And with people experimenting with different filaments, they might want to get different size's etc

Also 1/4" kapton tape would be handy.  2.5mm hex driver since one of those is required to operated the printer.   

Actually some kind of hex driver should be included with printers for that reason, at least until you incorporate thumbscrews for the bed as standard, and a method of adjusting the Z offset that can be done by hand rather than with a screwdriver.

IanJohnson wrote:

Also 1/4" kapton tape would be handy.  2.5mm hex driver since one of those is required to operated the printer.   

Actually some kind of hex driver should be included with printers for that reason, at least until you incorporate thumbscrews for the bed as standard, and a method of adjusting the Z offset that can be done by hand rather than with a screwdriver.

Good point. We are about release some big additions to the spare parts section of the store. You wont be disappointed.

solidoodlesupport wrote:
cmetzel wrote:
solidoodlesupport wrote:

You are already

Sorry for taking ages to reply (work etc...)

Thanks for info, it wasn't there when I first checked, but now it is smile

Had a look and worked out the costing if I get the covers now or later. If I get it later it will cost me around $200 (including shipping), compared to $100 if I get it with the solidoodle. It maybe good to people who already the Pro, but for me about to order a solidoodle, it is best that I get it right away.

solidoodlesupport wrote:

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to 3D printing, but I am very interested with the Panelolu. Maybe a option to sell a assembled/unassembled kit with case/nocase. The option for running the Solidoodle without a PC nearby is very good option to have (thinking of getting one while waiting for the Solidoodle)

Nakaleen wrote:
solidoodlesupport wrote:
cmetzel wrote:

You are already

Sorry for taking ages to reply (work etc...)

Thanks for info, it wasn't there when I first checked, but now it is smile

Had a look and worked out the costing if I get the covers now or later. If I get it later it will cost me around $200 (including shipping), compared to $100 if I get it with the solidoodle. It maybe good to people who already the Pro, but for me about to order a solidoodle, it is best that I get it right away.

solidoodlesupport wrote:

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to 3D printing, but I am very interested with the Panelolu. Maybe a option to sell a assembled/unassembled kit with case/nocase. The option for running the Solidoodle without a PC nearby is very good option to have (thinking of getting one while waiting for the Solidoodle)

This is a great idea! The only hitch is that the parts for the Panelolu aren't set up for mass manufacturing. We would have to do some sourcing, and negotiations before this became a reality.

solidoodlesupport wrote:

This is a great idea! The only hitch is that the parts for the Panelolu aren't set up for mass manufacturing. We would have to do some sourcing, and negotiations before this became a reality.

I have a great idea... thats a first.... hehehe

Side note... Just ordered the Solidoodle2 Expert. Now to set up camp at the front door and wait....

Thanks for all the input.. Now off to drag up my old Lightwave 3D models and also play around with my unused XBox Kinect (to use as a 3D scanner)

Nakaleen,

Solidoodle shipping is a little slow but don't let that discourage you. They are a great company to work with and I haven't been happier with a piece of technical equipment than this printer. I enjoy printing and designing with it. The product is good and the quality of prints are equivalent to much more costly machines. The company has had a few startup issues like most new companies but they are very responsive to their customer base. This type of printer regardless of the brand; is not for a non-technical person but if you keep up with the posts in this and other forums the you will learn how to solve issues quickly. This type of printer requires a lot of tweaks and maintenance to operate properly. After a few failed prints, you will be able to determine your problems and adjust for them quickly. The most important thing you cna do is check your bed level on a regular basis, that is key to getting a good print.

SD2
E3D V6
MK5 V6

Nakaleen,
Be careful of your old 3d models.  If they are not one solid object, they won't slice, much less print.  You may have to re-build them to be one solid object by using the boolean union function to make it manifold.  It's a tough trick, but can be managed.

My printer is finally scheduled to be delivered next Wednesday... hopefully it comes intact so I can get started printing!

Gordym wrote:

Nakaleen,

Solidoodle shipping is a little slow but don't let that discourage you. They are a great company to work with and I haven't been happier with a piece of technical equipment than this printer. I enjoy printing and designing with it. The product is good and the quality of prints are equivalent to much more costly machines. The company has had a few startup issues like most new companies but they are very responsive to their customer base. This type of printer regardless of the brand; is not for a non-technical person but if you keep up with the posts in this and other forums the you will learn how to solve issues quickly. This type of printer requires a lot of tweaks and maintenance to operate properly. After a few failed prints, you will be able to determine your problems and adjust for them quickly. The most important thing you cna do is check your bed level on a regular basis, that is key to getting a good print.

I have read all the posts before ordering one so I know what I was getting into when ordering one. I don't expect to see it shipped until after xmas, maybe late Jan

Nakaleen wrote:
Gordym wrote:

Nakaleen,

I have read all the posts before ordering one so I know what I was getting into when ordering one. I don't expect to see it shipped until after xmas, maybe late Jan

If you ordered today, it would most likely be Mid-January. Perhaps earlier - things are speeding up a bit.

Regards,
John