Ok no problem

So far I have confirmed

2n2r5
diyengineer
cckens
innovate
and my self

So 5 down have 5 more available
once there gone I won't be making anymore unless there is another order of 10.

Let me know if your interested

I think once people see the quality achieved after switching to these, you will have plenty more orders. I will post a few more results pictures when I get back in town. Hopefully, lawsy will have his alignment issued cleared up soon as well.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

Re: Metal version of Thingiverse "Threadless Ballscrew"

Home today due to bushfires nearby so should get a chance to play.

timp610 wrote:

Id be interested in a all metal set of parts if your doing them.  I have a SD2 but im sure I could get a bare frame and change the rods for longer ones to make it larger.  Are the metal replacements going to use the linear recirc bearings instead of the bushings?

Of course the design will be linear bearings as opposed to the cheap method of brass bushings

I believe in quality over price

Powder coated steel enclosure, 1/4" Surface grounded hardened aluminum plate, MK2A Heat bed, .200 Polished fused quartz plate, Machined quick change hot bed mount, E3D hot end, Ramps 1.4, DRV8825 stepper motor drivers

2n2r5 wrote:
techbuilder2175 wrote:

Ok no problem

So far I have confirmed

2n2r5
diyengineer
cckens
innovate
and my self

So 5 down have 5 more available
once there gone I won't be making anymore unless there is another order of 10.

Let me know if your interested

I think once people see the quality achieved after switching to these, you will have plenty more orders. I will post a few more results pictures when I get back in town. Hopefully, lawsy will have his alignment issued cleared up soon as well.

That's awesome.
Thank you

This method is definitely better and hopefully everyone see's that.

Powder coated steel enclosure, 1/4" Surface grounded hardened aluminum plate, MK2A Heat bed, .200 Polished fused quartz plate, Machined quick change hot bed mount, E3D hot end, Ramps 1.4, DRV8825 stepper motor drivers

Sounds good! put me down for an all metal set smile

this page is just for the threadless ball screw.

The all metal parts will be another post

is this something your still interested in?

I'll try the metal threadless.  It will save me the worry over whether my print is accurate or round enough.

PM sent, if shipping is not too bad I'm in for a threadless.

34 (edited by justsomeguy 2013-10-23 06:11:45)

Add me to the list please.

I would go for one at $40.

I assume this would be a direct replacement (i.e. it will bolt right on with no modifications).

Shotline wrote:

I would go for one at $40.

I assume this would be a direct replacement (i.e. it will bolt right on with no modifications).

Of course

Here's the updated list

2n2r5
diyengineer
cckens
innovate
IanJohnson
Gomisan
justsomeguy
Shotline
and my self

I think I may be able to get more then 10 out with the material I have
if I modify the thickness.

Let me know if you would like to be added to the list

Yes please add me to this list for the threadless ballscrew.  That should meet your 10 person quota smile

Fortunately since I'm reducing the thickness of the material I should be able to get almost 20 out of the material
so I will make this batch 20

Side note for people with the wooden platform
this is for the metal version however I can include a template for you guys to drill the holes for the wooden platform.

Just let me know if you have the wooden platform ahead of time

I'll need a template for the wood.

techbuilder2175 wrote:

Fortunately since I'm reducing the thickness of the material I should be able to get almost 20 out of the material
so I will make this batch 20

Side note for people with the wooden platform
this is for the metal version however I can include a template for you guys to drill the holes for the wooden platform.

Just let me know if you have the wooden platform ahead of time

Thanks for pointing that out.  I'm going to have to pass on this now.  However, if you ever make one spaced for the wood bed I'd be in.

If it helps the configuration I used from 2n2r5's SCAD file is a straight swap for the wooden bed:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:165895

I would need the wood bed template as well, if only for a just-in-case scenario.

lawsy wrote:

If it helps the configuration I used from 2n2r5's SCAD file is a straight swap for the wooden bed:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:165895

Hi lawsy,

I was looking at that earlier and it appears that the mounting holes are completely different.

Could you or someone else provide me with a picture of the wooden platform with the mounting holes?

It could be attached to a lead screw although not attached would be preferred.

45 (edited by 2n2r5 2013-10-24 20:36:40)

16 mm x 16 mm is the spacing of the holes with the lead screw being dead center.

So from the middle of the lead screw hole it is (all combinations of) X+-8mm Y+-8mm

I have my spare bed at home that I can picture up for you tomorrow when I get back.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

Ok cool

I just wanted to see how the mounting holes for the metal platform would mount to the wooden platform
as I don't have the dimensions of the wooden platform

techbuilder2175 wrote:

Ok cool

I just wanted to see how the mounting holes for the metal platform would mount to the wooden platform
as I don't have the dimensions of the wooden platform

I think a printed mounting adapter would work. It should be pretty easy to whip up.

SD3 w/ mods:

Good idea or if they wanted an adapter made from
metal I could include one for an extra 6 dollars

I will need a template for the wood bed as well.

50 (edited by 2n2r5 2013-10-29 18:28:10)

Here is a quick mounting adapter. The spacing should be right for everything. It just needs to be shaped correctly.

Post's attachments

mounting_plate.skp 90.49 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-10-29 

mounting_plate.stl 274.14 kb, 17 downloads since 2013-10-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
SD3 w/ mods: