Topic: replacement stepper motors

My motors have not gone out yet but im wanting to have some spares on hand.  What do i need for that.  Are there any motors that are an easy upgrade to the current ones?  If im not mistaken i think they are all NEMA 14 stock correct?  If there are any mods that need done a link or explanation of how/what do to would be great.  Mechanically i can handle the mod but in the software i am completely new and lost.

Thanks
Chad

Re: replacement stepper motors

http://www.soliwiki.com/List_of_compatible_hardware

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

i had already read that but does that mean that the current stock motors are NEMA 17 and the X is NEMA 14?  or because its listed under "compatible" that you can put NEMA 17's in with modifications or without?  Its a VERY vague wright up

4 (edited by elmoret 2013-08-18 23:31:21)

chuddly wrote:

i had already read that but does that mean that the current stock motors are NEMA 17 and the X is NEMA 14?  or because its listed under "compatible" that you can put NEMA 17's in with modifications or without?  Its a VERY vague wright up

Come on man. Do a *little* legwork.

Take the Y-stepper for example: Pull the model number, google it. Check the specs, holding torque: 2.2kg-cm.

Do the same with the rest. Nothing changes in software as long as you use the same step angle.

Here's your homework: make the right up better. People have helped you, do your part.