1 (edited by Diecrusher 2012-10-21 04:19:57)

Topic: Question about 12v power on Sanguino board.

Hi,

I read in another post about soldering pins on the Sanguino board to access a +12v connection.

I have 3ea. 40mm fans each requiring 12v @ .11A that I would like to run off the sanguino. Sound safe? 

I definitely don't want to fry my pcb so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

2 (edited by lawsy 2012-10-21 05:28:12)

Re: Question about 12v power on Sanguino board.

I'm running a total of four 12V fans from the board, including the one mounted to the back of the extruder from the factory. Should be fine.

lawsy wrote:

I'm running a total of four 12V fans from the board, including the one mounted to the back of the extruder from the factory. Should be fine.

Let's see - this is one for the extruder, one for the board.

What are the other two?

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

He has two on the board, one on the motor and one on the nozzle.

IanJohnson wrote:

He has two on the board, one on the motor and one on the nozzle.

Two on the board? Seems like overkill. These board issues are quite strange - the board I have on my desk never heats up in any significant way.

The reason there is two is because it kept the cover smaller. Two small fans side by side instead of one large fan. Neater packaging and smaller overall form.

lawsy wrote:

The reason there is two is because it kept the cover smaller. Two small fans side by side instead of one large fan. Neater packaging and smaller overall form.

Quite smart!

I'll tell you a funny story: When we first started adding the Fans to the Solidoodle, we decided to try all the possibilities. Before settling on the current fan design, we bought something like 30 different fans, including a high power gaming fan.

The extruder was too cold to properly work. Had a great laugh.