1 (edited by jooshs 2012-10-20 23:33:10)

Topic: Threads

I am working on all kinds of threading prints and will continue to add examples to this post as I go. I made this lamp from piping but couldn't find the right size bushings at Home Depot and they didn't have enough nipples so I printed out about 5 pieces on this lamp. I just grabbed the cad files directly from McMaster and they printed great. First try at .3 mm was a little rough so I went down to .2 mm height, with .1 infill, and 70 mm/s printing for everything. I blew the fan the whole time after the first layer. The picture is attached.

Next I am going to try an M3 bolt and nut. I have a suspicion it will need to be done at .15 or .1 mm.

Post's attachments

image.jpg 1.79 mb, 2 downloads since 2012-10-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Threads

M3 would be awesome since hardware stores tend not to stock them.  You might need to print several in a frame like model pieces to give them more contact with the bed.

It'll be a little while, I definitely need to replace the z rod assembly before doing this... It looks sort of promising though..

jooshs wrote:

It'll be a little while, I definitely need to replace the z rod assembly before doing this... It looks sort of promising though..

Josh:
Have you received your new Z-rod yet?

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

solidoodlesupport wrote:
jooshs wrote:

Josh:

Yes!  Just haven't had time to do my replacement yet. smile

jooshs wrote:
solidoodlesupport wrote:
jooshs wrote:

Josh:

Yes!  Just haven't had time to do my replacement yet. smile

Feel you there. I hope your other projects are going well. Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.