Topic: Using Solidowrks and Mac

Well i have a MBP i7 13" and using solidworks in VM and I tried using it with several models and seems ot work just fine. I am sure major assemblies will bog but piece parts and even importing things from IGS models went ok.

I will play with it some more, I am a SW user for years so I am familiar with it. But so far it seems very usable. I will export to stl then drag & drop over into the mac space for printing

SD2 owner- Surestepr, filament holder,QUBD servo and heaters, glass bed
Print for fun and for parts for my sports cars
current car is 88 IROC

Re: Using Solidowrks and Mac

jjcuff1 wrote:

Well i have a MBP i7 13" and using solidworks in VM and I tried using it with several models and seems ot work just fine. I am sure major assemblies will bog but piece parts and even importing things from IGS models went ok.

I will play with it some more, I am a SW user for years so I am familiar with it. But so far it seems very usable. I will export to stl then drag & drop over into the mac space for printing

I didn't know there was a decent Mac version of SW. 3D graphics programs have always been slower to be ported to Mac.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

Re: Using Solidowrks and Mac

I think he meant through VM not on OSX.  I prefer bootcamp because all of your memory is devoted to the windows side and it runs much more slowly... I run on 17" MBP with two SSD drives, one for each os and 8 GB ram and i7.