Topic: RGB Led mod

So- I have a few meters of some RGB 5050, with a dmx adapter, and the standard crappy wireless remote that comes with most of the ebay orders of this stuff. Any extra pins left over on the board after the lcd mod to give three high signals?

Grand Rapids, Michigan
SD2 with Sanguinololu board, glass bed mod, E3d_v5 bowden version hotend (currently direct drive), Lawsy Mk5 jigsaw replacement, octopi printserver, drv8825(tiny troubles)

Re: RGB Led mod

LCD mod uses up all of the available pins.

Thanks for the info Lawsy! I think I will just leave it dmx controlled for a disco printing party.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
SD2 with Sanguinololu board, glass bed mod, E3d_v5 bowden version hotend (currently direct drive), Lawsy Mk5 jigsaw replacement, octopi printserver, drv8825(tiny troubles)

The solution others have come to is to use a separate board for extras such as this.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

My arduino-voltroning ability is a bit laxed. I assume this would be implemented through i2c, right? Reading up on this topic, I haven't found a good start up guide to this other than the syntax available on arduino.cc. Weil ich kann "C" nicht so gute, I must practice up on this language.

Grand Rapids, Michigan

what about a seperate bit of electronics that simply reads the incoming serial commands and processes them and does a light show based on the commands ..

Stoney wrote:

what about a seperate bit of electronics that simply reads the incoming serial commands and processes them and does a light show based on the commands ..

I believe this is how it is done. I have seen Rep Rap set ups with several extra Arduino boards for electronic goodies.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.