Topic: number 93

Hello, Tim,

My kit, number 93, finally arrived. Unfortunately, it arrived as you can see in picture. The damage was documented, and I signed papers in this matter. The Post Office said the box was not appropriate for the content it carried, and due to, it was fully broken. Unfortunately, when I picked up the parcel they claim the content was complete and I had no shipping list or other shipment manifesto to prove the contrary. What is most important is that the granulate is useless as it was contaminated, actually, what remained from, and the brass caps were missing. I am speaking not about the brass cap of the kit but also, the additional three I have paid separately. We can see in the pictures the content I have found.

Zoltan

Post's attachments

IMG-20130708-00121.jpg
IMG-20130708-00121.jpg 587.35 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

IMG-20130708-00123.jpg 504.78 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

IMG-20130708-00127.jpg
IMG-20130708-00127.jpg 553.95 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

IMG-20130708-00128.jpg 550.11 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: number 93

I forgot to mention also something important that is missing the angle brackets - 21.)Attach the two white angle brackets to the bottom of the main support using shorter silver screws.

Zoltan

What in the world? It arrived in a bag?

This is the first report of shipping damage on the kits. They have made it to Japan, Germany, the UK all without incident. I cannot imagine what the local post office must have done to completely destroy the box; my apologies.

That said, a public forum is not the place to handle this. It would have been much better to contact me via email, so we can work out shipping information, address, etc that you would not want posted publicly. In fact, you should probably edit or delete your post as it contains your address in the pictures.

Of course, we will resend the ABS and the brass nozzles that got lost. I have contacted you via email about this.

Finally, you should not have angle brackets in your kit. Your kit is serial number 93. Use the v1.0 instructions to assemble kits with a serial number 1-133. This is stated in the documentation and last Kickstarter update.

4 (edited by 2n2r5 2013-07-09 23:17:13)

Edit: sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. Video removed

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

Hi, Tim,

In anyway I did not complain about you. It is clear that mail service did a poor job. Actually, at Post Office they said the parcel arrived damaged in Bucharest and there they put the content together with the remains of carton box in the bag. In Timisoara it arrived as you can see in the picture. Unfortunately, the life is not only success stories, and such an event could be a learned lesson. The purpose of public positing was to give awareness to others that such things can happen, and be prepared, and not blaming. To me it was a full surprise and honestly I did not know how to handle the situation at Post Office. Reading between lines of my post an improvement could be for future shipments to be included a list of items in the parcel.

@ 2n2r5 in the pictures are not sandals but slippers as I have been in house.  I apologize if this create to you any discomfort.

Zoltan: I did not take it personally - was just surprised by it. I will work to improve shipping in the future. We're a bit locked in to flat rate medium boxes as that's what was priced into the Kickstarter, but I'll take extra care with them, especially international shipments. Your nozzles and ABS are on their way.

As for the sandals/slippers, 2n2r5 was only joking. I think the humor got lost in translation. smile