Topic: V1.1 Photo Request

Tim (or anyone else that has built theres)...
Does anyone have a photo of a built V1.1 version Filastruder at all?
I seem to have about 5 parts left over lol, but havent screwed it down on the base yet.

The schematic, whilst good, doesnt really show the colours of the parts all that well, and the assembly video is a little outdated.
I just wanted to double check a few things.

Thanks in advance.

PS Tim I think you sent me 2 sets of thrust bearings, was this intentional?
If theyre expensive and you want it back, Im happy to post it back to you.

Re: V1.1 Photo Request

Here's a picture of a KS backers:

http://www.soliforum.com/misc.php?actio … mp;preview

I can take a picture of mine if I know what you'd like a picture of specifically. You can keep the extra thrust bearing as a spare, its on the house. smile Those are VXB bearings, so they actually traveled around the world in this case, and ended up back where they started.

What parts do you have left over? Take a picture and I'll let you know what they're for.

Hello Tim,

Thanks, if possible a photo from 90 degrees so I can see all of the parts would be great.

It seems that the above photo also put the front flange on the wrong way maybe (the one near the hopper)?
Im interested to see how the motor attaches to the auger shaft.

Other than a bunch of screws, extra bearings, I have a white bushing/piece of plastic, its about 1 inch in length.... any idea what this is for?
I can take a photo when I get back later...

The front flange is definitely correct in the above picture.

The motor attaches to the auger shaft with the hex socket and washer, shown in steps 11-13 of the instructions (though the current socket looks a little different).

Ah good, my front flange is on the same way (I only presumed it was wrong as if it were the other way around then I guess you could get the hopper closer).

6 (edited by reesy 2013-07-08 15:10:48)

Meanwhile in the far east....
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9843/tuvl.jpg

This is how far Ive got... the brackets might be on backwards smile

I have figured out what these 20 odd extra parts are I have here, I have extra sets of screws (all), extra thrust bearings, extra washers, and the white part sitting on top of the motor mount.

Am I missing between the hex socket and the auger?
Sorry to be a pain, I thought maybe the white part sitting on top of the motor mount should go between the hex socket and auger....

Oh man, wow! Almost everything is in the wrong place. sad

1.) Washers go under the bolt heads.
2.) Between the wood and the flange, from left to right: shaft collar, thrust bearing, white bushing
3.) I usually put the angle brackets on the other side so that electronics can go where you have the angle brackets.\

Taking a picture, I'll be right back.

Phone ran out of battery as I took the picture, and my DSLR is in Greece right now (loaned it to a friend).

Basically, look at the rendering for steps 1-3, and steps 7-10 in the instructions.

Like this?
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/1995/rkfa.jpg

Perfect!

Though the hex socket shouldn't extend into the flange. Did you slide the shaft collar all the way up as far as it would go before tightening it? There's a little ridge on the auger the collar should sit on.

11 (edited by reesy 2013-07-08 16:01:19)

One last try for tonight this is with the shaft collar moved another 3cm further up as far as it will go, and some additional steps not in your instructions/manual, its actually only about 1mm into the flange now, ill think about moving the brackets tomorrow...
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4663/aaur.jpg

Picture:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1786359/Photo%20Jul%2008%2C%2011%2013%2050%20AM.jpg

What steps are missing?

OH man Tim, V1.1 instructions are not the best, and honestly need rewriting from step 1.

You need to undo the set screw first before the collar is slid on, and you need to undo it enough so it will slide over the first ridge on the auger.

If you follow the instructions as they are it will get stuck about 3cm from the end, I assumed that was "all the way up".

Then you need to add the thrust washer, then the thrust bearing, followed by another thrust washer.
Then the WHITE nylon bushing
The image is also confusing in the manual as it doesnt show the wood due to the changes from V1 and V1.1...
Its 1.49 am here now, I need sleep, thanks for your help.
A simple photo is all thats required I think

You need to undo the set screw first before the collar is slid on, and you need to undo it enough so it will slide over the first ridge on the auger.

To me that is part of using any shaft collar, but I'm happy to add it to the instructions. smile

Then you need to add the thrust washer, then the thrust bearing, followed by another thrust washer.

The "thrust bearing" is all three parts. It is composed of a bearing race, a bearing cage with ball bearings, and a bearing race. It is packaged altogether because it goes together, as shown in the rendering for steps 8-11 - there are three separate parts, all used.

Then the WHITE nylon bushing

Absolutely right, my fault. We changed parts suppliers, I updated the instructions but didn't put the new PDF into the zip folder. Should be fixed now.

The image is also confusing in the manual as it doesnt show the wood due to the changes from V1 and V1.1...

What do you mean?

Its 1.49 am here now, I need sleep, thanks for your help.

Get some rest! It will be there ready for you tomorrow. smile

And shes all together, this will make you smile though Tim....

That nice Japanese flooring you see in the photos, I mounted the white angle brackets using the supplied screws going into 1 inch thick piece of wood... I smile proud of my handy work lol and try to move it, the screws had only gone through the board and into that floor too (by about 3mm) smile

Heres hoping the other half wont notice - shhhhhhhhhh

Oh no!

There should have been two lengths of supplied silver screws. The shorter screws go into the base (Step 21).

Glad it all worked out! (minus the permanent floor mounting)

oh, it would appear I have 6 silver screws all the same length.
Not to worry, its all done now smile Thanks for your help!

I have strategically moved a rug for the time being, Im sure she will notice the 2-3 mm holes sometime though he he

Just mount into the floor and tell her it's a new design trend called "industrial".

I was rumbled at 7am this morning, and am now in the doghouse.... ooooops.
Theres just 2 tiny holes.

looking through these pictures i have a question. On version 1.1 i dont see the metal bushing that goes into the back flange. Is it not used on version 1.1? i got one with my kit(serial number 172) but the auger is too big to go through it.

Yup! Not needed, included by accident.

Still not speaking to me... ahhh peaceful bliss smile
I think shes going for the record (3 days), I cant do the stroppy thing, lifes too short.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, we are filastruding away nicely here now.
Next problem, finding more pellets....

23 (edited by notstarman 2013-07-12 18:25:40)

I misunderstood the question and have retracted my statement for the sake of clarity.

Sorry

notstarman wrote:

Its present but you can't see it for the wood.

This is incorrect, there is no metal bushing in the v1.1 (SN 134+ kits)

notstarman wrote:

Its a adjustable. loosen the set screw and it will fit. Once its in place then tighten the screw again.

He's talking about the metal bushing, not the shaft collar.

I just assembled my filatruder yesterday, between this post, youtube, and the 1.1 pdf file, I was able to assemble it. but just out of curiosity, where is this corrected 1.1 instruction??
the instruction I downloaded flange is not the same as shown in v1.1 pictures.

Note: pipe needs a lot of filing... there are bumps at both ends of the pipe, you can feel it with your finger. That was the only thing i didn't see in the posts

Solidoodle2 with Ceramic tile heated bed http://www.soliforum.com/topic/2544/my- … eated-bed/
"1kg should last for an while" is a lie!