Topic: Last ~4 layers are off

Hey everbody,

it seems like on the last few layers my prints have a offset: imgur.com /a/dJjUI

My only hunch so far: At the very beginning my Solidoodle had the problem that movements on the negative y axis would make very loud noises and the covered distance was too short. I fixed this be tightening the bolts that carry the belts.

Could this be related? How do I fix this?

Re: Last ~4 layers are off

I had the same problem. I tried to loosen the belts though.

If i pinch together the belt about 1cm from the wheel in the front I can easily move the wheel back and forth on the axle it is sitting on. If I pull the top belt on either side, it stops when its level with the start of the top frame. If you have som lubrication, try applying it to all moving parts.

Hope you understand. Hard to explain how tightened my belts are tongue

Though it is really strange that only the last layers are the problem since the X and Y axis has moved nicely in all the previous layers. It could be a difference in the filling method though, that makes these errors.

surma wrote:

Hey everbody,

it seems like on the last few layers my prints have a offset: imgur.com /a/dJjUI

My only hunch so far: At the very beginning my Solidoodle had the problem that movements on the negative y axis would make very loud noises and the covered distance was too short. I fixed this be tightening the bolts that carry the belts.

Could this be related? How do I fix this?

What kind of Z rod do you have?
Have you tried calibrating the belts?

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

4 (edited by surma 2012-10-24 07:39:30)

Sorry for not answering – I was sick the last week.

solidoodlesupport wrote:

What kinds are there? Does a picture help? imgur.com /HyEJp

solidoodlesupport wrote:

I didn't know there was anything to calibrate. As I said, I only tightend the bolts as was suggested to me buy the Solidoodle email support. Is there blog post or something which explains how to do the calibration properly?

surma wrote:

Sorry for not answering – I was sick the last week.

solidoodlesupport wrote:

What kinds are there? Does a picture help? imgur.com /HyEJp

solidoodlesupport wrote:

I didn't know there was anything to calibrate. As I said, I only tightend the bolts as was suggested to me buy the Solidoodle email support. Is there blog post or something which explains how to do the calibration properly?

There are basic instructions on wiki.solidoodle.com. We are working on getting professional pictures and illustrations to help.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.