Topic: Filament doesn't stick

Hey,

so I'm very new to this, please forgive me if I missed something obvious. I wanted to print a testpart[0] but as the below video shows, the printer destroys whatever he'd just printed and also the filament does not stick at all to the plattform:

youtube.com /watch?v=i_9YJJrGUUk

After that I fiddled around some more with Repetier and Slic3r. I used the Slic3r config I found on Ian Johnsons Blog[1] but changed the speed for the permiters and outer fillings to 40%. This worked better, but the first few seconds nothing comes out of the nozzle and so some initial parts are missing.

I tried using the anchor start code[2], but it just moved the printing platform down and up and started normally.

I thought about writing my own start code, but before I do that I wanted to ask if there's something else I ought to check first. Why is there nothing coming out at first? Will a anchor start code fix this? Why doesn't the filament stick to the heat bed?

[0]: thingiverse.com /thing:968
[1]: solidoodletips.wordpress.com /2012/08/22/setting-up-repetier-host/
[2]: soliforum.com /topic/231/improved-start-and-end-gcode/

Re: Filament doesn't stick

Your z-axis is nowhere near calibrated properly. Adjust the limit switch's endstop. Read Ian's blog.

solidoodletips.wordpress .com

The Z axis screw is on the inside back of the case, left of the rods that support the build platform. There is a switch on the platform that bumps into the screw and stops the movement. You turn the screw up and down to control how close the bed comes to the nozzle.

Check this post-

http://solidoodletips.wordpress.com/201 … st-layers/

Great! Thanks.
I tried to correct the issue by increasing the flow (decresing speed). Which worked as well, kinda. Accuracy decreased as well, just as Ian's blog post states. I just thought it was already calibrated.