Topic: <Slic3r> Argument "\x{35}\x{30}..." isn't numeric in multiplication

I've got this slicer error that people are reporting...

Any fix for this or an explanation of it's cause?

2 (edited by acediac 2013-06-25 20:00:06)

Re: <Slic3r> Argument "\x{35}\x{30}..." isn't numeric in multiplication

Had the same problem and just found the solution for this. This may be a problem for windows only.

<snip>

EDIT: INCORRECT SOLUTION was posted. See below.

acediac wrote:

Had the same problem and just found the solution for this. This may be a problem for windows only.

Apparently there is a bug with slicer when you click on Setup, it will create a key for the config directory but set it to nothing. (if you never click on setup then it actually just uses the default)

Solution is to click on slicer setup again (under the slicer tab) and explicitly specify the config directory

(eg. C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\RepetierHostSolidoodle for windows7)

where the slic3r.ini file is found, then it will work.

That did it.  Thanks. tongue

4 (edited by cod3r 2013-06-24 23:00:22)

I tried this, but then it takes away the ability to use the drop downs. Print settings and presets.  I can print .3mm but not .1 or .2.  I get this same error. 

If I do the fix you have it takes away the ability to use drop downs and it does slice it fine, but I don't know what resolution.

edit: looks like it does it at .4mm?

which seems to work even if you don't change the config location.

I'm having this exact problem and haven't found a solution.  It seems to be sporadic.  I've tried the above and had the same problem with the elimination of the drop downs.  Any new / real solutions?  Help.

6 (edited by acediac 2013-06-25 20:06:08)

Sorry guys, I jumped the gun in giving what I thought was the solution.

Turns out I had done something else that made it work.

I'm now pretty sure the problem stems from bad default slicer settings that comes from the official Solidoodle Repetier build.

Here is how to solve it:

1) DISREGARD what I said above. The slicer setup dialog should be blank for the config directory and blank for the executable. (as it is by default)

2) Go into the slicer configure dialog, and under print settings make sure that Support material is not set to a %. Make it 30 for now (no % sign) and you can tweak it in the future.

3) Save the settings by clicking on the disk icon. This is only for the current layer size (default .3mm). You should now select each of the other layer sizes (.1mm, .2mm, .4mm) in turn and ensure each layer size setting does not contain a % for Support material. Be sure to save each layer size setting.

Now your slicer should work for whichever layer size you select.